6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

EPA sent this guy a letter Interesting vis

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2019, 08:25 PM
StanleyZ
Logistics Pro
Received 68 Likes on 31 Posts
EPA sent this guy a letter Interesting vis

Found an interesting video on you tube. Might be of interest to those who are deleted or plan to be, the items of interest to us start at about 5 mins,.

Old 07-19-2019, 05:05 AM
Deuce40s
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Skip to 5:00.

I highly doubt the EPA commented on one of his videos. He got trolled.

Old 07-19-2019, 06:42 AM
StanleyZ
Logistics Pro
Yeah, I doubt that too but I think he said he got a letter and then he called them, I also doubt he is going to keep that truck in the drive way. I found it interesting that he got that many views on a diesel truck delete video. A lot of interest out there.

Old 07-19-2019, 06:45 AM
Akley88
Cargo Master
Received 228 Likes on 173 Posts
i would think the EPA would be more concerned with shops, tuners and businesses that delete or offer deleting parts. I could see states like CA and NJ hammering individuals

Old 07-19-2019, 01:23 PM
bobcat67
More Turbo
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Akley88
i would think the EPA would be more concerned with shops, tuners and businesses that delete or offer deleting parts. I could see states like CA and NJ hammering individuals
Have seen it in places such as Montana too, when I lived in Bozeman, MT a local exhaust shop was forced to close it's doors because they were caught taking off the catalytic converters and what not and not installing new ones. Granted Bozeman is a very wealthy area and hippies are abundant, so it's not overly surprising. Only people I know of personally getting fined have been hot shot drivers while pulling over at DOT weigh stations

Old 07-19-2019, 01:35 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 6,723 Likes on 2,755 Posts
Originally Posted by Akley88
Agreed. But shops and tuners have lists of customers and what they bought. It wouldn't take much for the EPA (or whatever governing body) to send a letter asking the truck owner to confirm that they have all factory emissions intact.

Old 07-19-2019, 01:50 PM
bobcat67
More Turbo
Originally Posted by HRTKD
Agreed. But shops and tuners have lists of customers and what they bought. It wouldn't take much for the EPA (or whatever governing body) to send a letter asking the truck owner to confirm that they have all factory emissions intact.
If the shop does it right, it's DPF repair and computer reflash and EGR valve/cooler replacement.........

Old 07-19-2019, 01:56 PM
Akley88
Cargo Master
Received 228 Likes on 173 Posts
True but the bigger fish and fines are the businesses. I'm sure a letter would scare some people.

Old 07-19-2019, 02:59 PM
Overkill2
Making donuts deplorable

Received 6,390 Likes on 4,646 Posts
I agree with the point being made here about shops and manufacturers. But social media would make it real easy to target individuals.

Old 07-19-2019, 03:10 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Originally Posted by Overkill2
I agree with the point being made here about shops and manufacturers. But social media would make it real easy to target individuals.
Like shooting fish in a barrel.

Turning in an individual violation of emissions compliance won't get you a reward. The violation has to exceed $1,000,000 in sanctions before a whistleblower can get a reward.

Old 07-19-2019, 03:48 PM
bobcat67
More Turbo
Like shooting fish in a barrel.

Turning in an individual violation of emissions compliance won't get you a reward. The violation has to exceed $1,000,000 in sanctions before a whistleblower can get a reward.
It's getting interesting out there for sure, and a lot of people think they're doing the environment good by turning these people in, and in some instances they may be. A lot of these guys are wreck-less and careless when they're making these videos. Spewing black smoke just isn't cool anymore in my opinion. It has it's place at sled pulls and stuff, but beyond that, a clean efficient running diesel is worth it's weight in gold.

Old 07-19-2019, 08:43 PM
suzuki0702
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You've got 5 seconds to blow smoke. That's the federal law. I wish I could get back the last 1 minute 45 seconds of my life back..smh

Edit....maybe I should've watched the whole video but my adhd kicked in....

Old 07-22-2019, 08:45 PM
speakerfritz
Hotshot
Received 995 Likes on 765 Posts
EPA says 3 seconds

I got stopped while in regen mode and the smoke took more than 3 seconds to clear.

Old 07-22-2019, 09:08 PM
StanleyZ
Logistics Pro
I first dejeted in 2009 and I’ve followed what has been going on with EPA pretty closely. If the guy in the video was really contacted by EPA that would be the first individual I know of who has had that happen. I think it more likely that someone spoofed him and then he called them. Either way the EPA didn’t do anything but ask him to take his video down.

I spent 31 years working for the federal government and they don’t just go and arrest someone. In most cases they don’t have arrest authority. They need a case proven and a judge to actually take any action against a citizen. The EPA has made some big time cases against EDGE, H&S and one other that I can’t recall right now. But even those were settled out of court with negoiated agreements.

Like someone above said the state is more likely to come after someone if they have a law to enforce. As to the amount of smoke being limited to a certain number of minutes by federal law, well I’m skeptical. Someone would have to give me the federal regulation number before I would belive any such law exsists. I was on Bill Hewitts powerstrokehelp site the other night and he told a whopper about the State of Georgia impounding your truck for tuning and he also mentioned the 5 minutes of smoke. I looked for hours and couldn’t find any such law. So, the bottom line is except for the crazy places in CA and NY and maybe a couple others no one is looking for smoke or deleted trucks. at least not yet.

Old 07-22-2019, 10:13 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Colorado passed a law last year to prohibit "rolling coal". There is a $100 fine if caught. The original bill included points on your driver's license but that didn't make it to the final, signed bill.

If you want to read the bill, it can be found here: https://leg.colorado.gov/bills/sb17-278

Quick Reply: EPA sent this guy a letter Interesting vis