Marketplace Ford Trucks and Parts For Sale Classifieds. Browse new listings, post your items for sale, or list a wanted ad.

Non-running '87 F350 flatbed

For Sale

1987 Ford F-350

06-15-2018, 09:40 AM | Replies: 0 | Views: 2536
  • 1987 Ford F-350 - Non-running '87 F350 flatbed - Used - VIN 1FDKF37L0HNA88163 - 64,000 Miles - 8 cyl - 2WD - Manual - Truck - Gray - Loganville, GA 30052, United States
    Expired
  • 1987 Ford F-350 - Non-running '87 F350 flatbed - Used - VIN 1FDKF37L0HNA88163 - 64,000 Miles - 8 cyl - 2WD - Manual - Truck - Gray - Loganville, GA 30052, United States
    Expired
    Expired
    Expired
    Expired
New User

• Price
    $1,500
  • Location Loganville, GA, 30052, USA
  • Condition Used
  • VIN 1FDKF37L0HNA88163
  • Mileage 64,000
  • Engine 8 cyl
  • Drive Type 2WD
  • Transmission Manual
  • Vehicle Type Truck
  • Exterior Color Gray
Description:

I am selling my shop truck. It is a 1987 F350 with a 8' wide, 12' long flatbed dually with a 460 and a 4 speed out of an '84. The motor is absolutely shot but you can find good running motors on Craiglist every day for less than $500 ready to put in, I just don't have the time to do the motor swap right now. It's a big ole work truck. I used it for about a year as a shop truck to haul steel and wood. You would be getting a really great truck for CHEAP if you're willing to put the effort into swapping motors.

The good:
New clutch/flywheel/throwout bearing, clutch master, clutch slave, brake master, brake booster, electric fuel pump with regulator, fresh fluid change in transmission 500 miles ago, good brakes, new parking brake cables, new alternator (GM 12si), gas tank (not installed), new sending unit (also not installed), tires have 500 miles on them, new headlights, new tail lights, and the entire truck has been rewired with a Rebel Wire kit like a hot rod, new starter, new solenoid.

The bad:
Motor is completely toast (threw a rod), the new gas tank isn't installed, and I had to rewire the entire thing with a new wiring harness. It takes 2 keys to start (one on the column, one in the dash). Didn't finish wiring the windshield wipers or fan, interior is worthy of a shop truck (no window cranks). It's an '87 but has an '84 4 speed in it (which isn't a problem, I've had zero issues cruising down the road at 70+ mph). I'm keeping the Holley carb unless someone wants to give me more money for it.

The story:
I bought this truck off of Craigslist just over a year ago so I had a good shop truck and so I could use it for hauling materials for a house we were rehabbing. I paid $2200 for it then, have put another $2k+ in it just fixing little things here and there. The previous owner had mangled the wiring in it and I was tired of chasing gremlins so I used a nice hot rod wiring harness to just rewire the entire thing (hence the 2 keys). He also swapped motor/trans out of an '84 F350 so instead of having the 5 speed for the '87 it has a 4 speed.
I was driving it home last weekend from the shop and the motor just let go. I needed a truck immediately so I bought one and now this one is going to sit until I feel like putting another motor in it.

I have really enjoyed driving this thing because it feels like a proper viscerally satisfying gear jamming big flatbed truck and the timing of it's unfortunate demise was rather inconvenient. Having a stake bed with 96 square feet of space has been one of the most awesome things about having a giant truck. I never actually needed to tow anything with it but given how it's geared I suspect you could pull Stone Mountain to Loganville if you had a big enough chain (I kid, I kid). There is still some life left in the old boy but it needs someone who isn't afraid (or 'skurred' as we say here in Loganville) to get a little greasy making it great again.

It weighs about 7k lbs so you will either need a serious trailer and tow rig with a wench or a good sized tow truck (I recommend Eastside). It's currently at my shop just outside of downtown Loganville. I'm equally not in a huge hurry to fix it or sell it so kindly don't try and lowball, I'm already losing my shirt at this price. I might consider trades of a running adult sized dirtbike.