Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

One tire inside wheel well one tire outside wheel well

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 07:37 AM
whalebird
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My laser-straight 09 was thrown together at the Kansas City plant.

Old 12-16-2009, 07:40 AM
skywagon
Senior User
Originally Posted by whalebird
My laser-straight 09 was thrown together at the Kansas City plant.
Ya my laser straight 09 Plat was slapped together in Michigan

Old 12-17-2009, 12:34 AM
wbyrom
New User
The one that is a inch off was at a dealership here where I live and it was viewed by the service writer and the tech and they seen several others on the lot while we walked around measuring them. As far as the discussion goes, some people are on the board to help each other, others I dont know for sure why they're here? As for myself, I refuse to even reply to such comments that are not polite nor wish to help other people.
sometimes people are on the same side and don't even know it...
Unsubscribing...

Do You Know How To Deal With People Who Mock And Ridicule You?

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw

Old 12-17-2009, 07:31 AM
whalebird
Senior User
wbrom. I have to agree with you. A problem should be addressed. My contention here is that the methods here that are being used to identify the problem. The visual component here is anectdotal. The problem would be best identified using a system of measures with good equipment and standard pick-up points from one vehicle to another. This is the only way Ford will address the problem. I hope there is not a problem however and we can all be happy with our new trucks.

Old 12-20-2009, 08:40 AM
Sugarbear
Freshman User
my passenger rear wheel sticks out further also. You really have to look close and several times back and forth to notice it, but it does.

Same here. After reading this thread, I went outside to check out my '09 Screw, sure enough. Very hard to see the difference, and think as long as its not affecting anything other than looks, will leave it alone . Very dis-heartening though, to put out so much money and have crap like this come up !!

Old 12-20-2009, 10:56 PM
wbyrom
New User
Well, all auto makers have issues with their vehicles. I have owned a 09 tundra that had cam issues and a few other issues with the bed too. Dodge, I have owned several and they have dash cracking issues like crazy, transmissions are weak at best for towing, the evac system really has issues. I dont know about chevys though. Its a shame but its just something we all have to deal with like Whalebird said.

Old 01-10-2010, 03:49 PM
havetwo
New User
Originally Posted by wbyrom
Well, today the dealer had a good look at my truck and even measured several out on the lot and they all are out with difference measurements. Some were a little off and some even a full inch off. They looked at mine and tried to make some adjustments with the rear end but no dice and the alignment was on the money. Sooo, they said they could try and call Ford but basically there was nothing they could do and had no record or tsb's and nothing on what was called their short list, which was some complaints people were saying about the trucks. Well, at least I have it documented in writing that its off and perhaps if one day Ford comes up with a fix or tsb or whatever we can all get it fixed. I am glad the original guy that posted this did so and made us aware of the problems so that bro.
I'm only part way in this thread but I'm glad that I'm not the only one aware of this now back at you. So it sounds like some of the 2010s have this problem as well. When I first called Ford they said it was engineered this way but could never tell me why. Has anyone heard the reason? I will read on as I'm only at post 71.

My main reason for my first posting was to see if mine was the only one. Also my concerns were down the road wear and tear. more rock chips on the passagers side etc. This is a streach but I find that it does spin/slides out to the passanger side when it does spin before the anti skid kicks in on the ice/snowy roads I drive. This might be my mind playing tricks on me.

Last edited by havetwo; 01-10-2010 at 04:15 PM. Reason: added text
Old 01-10-2010, 05:06 PM
YoGeorge
Logistics Pro
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by havetwo
I'm only part way in this thread but I'm glad that I'm not the only one aware of this now back at you. So it sounds like some of the 2010s have this problem as well. When I first called Ford they said it was engineered this way but could never tell me why. Has anyone heard the reason? I will read on as I'm only at post 71.

My main reason for my first posting was to see if mine was the only one. Also my concerns were down the road wear and tear. more rock chips on the passagers side etc. This is a streach but I find that it does spin/slides out to the passanger side when it does spin before the anti skid kicks in on the ice/snowy roads I drive. This might be my mind playing tricks on me.
I believe "engineered this way" means "within production tolerances" here....

Old 01-10-2010, 05:38 PM
havetwo
New User
Then what is the reason if some is meant to be a certain way then it should be a reason. Engineered does not mean 100% correct! Having one wheel offset is not correct! For example at work we had some engineers do thier thing. A contractor put the building where the engineer said. We had to lift it 3 feet as at the location they had it it would flood in heavy rains. Now since it was engineered should we have accepted it? I am looking forward in time when possibly an issue could come up that is related to the tire misaligned/uneven with the otherside. when I pay my money for something I would like it to be something I'm proud of. Yes it is a truck and yes it may have other flaws but does no one have the answer as to why it is like that?

Old 01-11-2010, 12:01 PM
berry1234
Logistics Pro
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by YoGeorge
I believe "engineered this way" means "within production tolerances" here....

This is dealer speak for " you found a flaw in our work that we either didn't catch before me made thousands of trucks, or knew about and hoped you wouldn't notice-either way, we are not addressing it"