1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines

My SD is STOLEN!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2002 | 06:46 PM
timberjack
Senior User
My SD is STOLEN!!!

>The drawback to this is it is probably going to cost you
>thousands of dollars. Having an insurance company total out
>a vehicle is never good. Especially if it is relatively new.
>
>Can you say blue book?

First, let me say, i'm sorry for your loss. I've only had one vehicle vandalised in my life, but it does sit on your shoulders for quite awhile.

As for the insurance company writing it off, there is a rider you may be able to get. Unfortunately, you would have to get it when you first buy the vehicle. (I should say I'm from Canada, but there should be something similar in the U.S.A..) It's called a waiver of depreciation, it's usually a $20 a year or so extra premium, and is only good for the first two years of ownership of a new vehicle. But if your rig is totaled, the insurance company must replace your vehicle at your original cost.

I know it is worth it, I wiped out a vehicle several years ago, and had a check cut for the total price I had paid 18 months earlier. In my case it worked out alright, when it was time to pick out the new one, I stumbled onto one that was discounted heavily, because it wasn't equipped with the popular options. (CC, LB, Big block, Manual tranny, no power goodies) It was, however; almost a clone to the one I lost.

Well, anyway, look into this coverage, if you can get it, it's well worth it.

Old 01-11-2002 | 08:11 PM
SMOTU
Junior User
My SD is STOLEN!!!

Out here on the left coast, it is called "gap" insurance. I have it on my '02 F350 SC SRW PSD. Cost is $4.00 extra per month. It is well worth it for cases like this. It covers the "gap" between the loan and the blue book. Don't be caught wrecked without it. It can be cancelled by you at any time so, as the loan is paid down and passes below the book value, it would be wise to discontinue. My $.02

Old 01-11-2002 | 08:11 PM
flyinfeathers
Freshman User
My SD is STOLEN!!!

Just want to say a big "I'm Sorry"!!!! I just got my truck last Thursday and I really don't want to imagine what I'd do to someone if they stole my baby!! D@#$ sure can't type what I'd do to them. If it makes you feel any better just think of this:

Take them out to an old abandoned barn full of dry hay that has a ole' tree stump in the middle of it. Strip 'em to their birthday suits and staple their pen#$ to the stump. Hand them an old rusty knife and throw a match on the hay. Then walk away saying, "You can either stay here and burn, or cut your pe#$@ off to get out"

Hopefully just thinkin' of this will make you feel better and you won't REALLY do something drastic. It sucks what us LAW ABIDING citizens who earn the money for these nice trucks have to put up with. So sorry again.

Old 01-11-2002 | 11:28 PM
harleymsn
FTE Chapter Leader
Club FTE Silver Member
My SD is STOLEN!!!

Munkey, I gotta say I can really feel for you and know that gut wrenching feeling! I picked up my new Super Duty on August 31, 2001.
I proudly drove it to work and parked in the rear lot near all the windows (Sep. 3,2001...3 days old), when I came out of work at 10:30 PM it looked like something was splashed on the passenger window. When I got out and walked around the truck, I found the entire right side of the truck spray painted!!! Talk about pissed!!! Called in an ID man who does collission work on the side and thanks to Fords great paint we got it all off with no harm.
I guess sometimes it does'nt pay to park at work....even when your a cop and work is Police Headquarters!!! Never did get the *******s!!

Old 01-13-2002 | 04:55 PM
pdave
Freshman User
My SD is STOLEN!!!

Hey! Sorry to hear this, I would be pissed off too. Hope it all works out at the end. What I would like to see is that you get either $$$ to cover for another truck or get it redone back to its orginal shape.
Either way lots of luck.

I got one thing to say to the goons who took it :

Old 01-13-2002 | 11:58 PM
V10gunner
Senior User
My SD is STOLEN!!!

My deepest sympathies. I hope they catch the SOB(s) that did this. I sure am relieved I got that gap insurance when I bought my truck. I sure hope this doesn't end up costing you a fortune.

-V10gunner

'00 SD F250 Super Cab XLT, 4X2, 142"WB, 6.8L V10, 4R100, 4.30LS, Camper Package, Dark Toreador Red over Silver, Snugtop Xtra Vision Cab-high shell

Old 01-14-2002 | 05:49 AM
RBC
Junior User
My SD is STOLEN!!!

Thieving is a real nightmare for the victim in most cases.The loss, inconvenience and dealing with the insurance. My wifes snowmobile was stolen 2 nights before we where to go away on a week tour that had been planned for 2-mos. Her holidays booked the whole deal, rooms paid for bla bla bla...Thank heavens for good friends, we picked her up a loner.
Check with your insurance company, I have a rider thats is very inexpensive, if the vehicle is a total loss in the first 24 mos. it gets replaced with a new current year of the same model and options.

Good Luck

Old 01-14-2002 | 02:26 PM
Munkey
|
Fleet Mechanic
My SD is STOLEN!!!

Thanks for all of your replies! The "gap" between what it was worth, and what insurance took care of wasn't that bad, $1700 in total. I was saving up for a suspension lift, so that saved money went towards the truck. I've got another truck soon to be on order: 2002 F-250 XLT V-10, Auto, 4.30LS, advanced security group, off-road pkg., sliding window, tow mirrors. Salesman is supposed to call me back within the hour so I can get a total price with the D Plan. Woohoo new truckety truck!!!

Old 01-14-2002 | 05:14 PM
fordpower460
Freshman User
My SD is STOLEN!!!

My condolences on your truck sorry for your loss, Did you get your pictures developed i am curous as to what those theivin' sons of b****s did to your truck, if someone ever messed with my baby i would go ape s*** and prolly land myself in jail or something well anyways hope they catch those little bast***s and put em away good luck with your new truck

1995 F-250 Ext. Cab 4x4 Off-Road, 4.10LS 460 5 Speed xlt, Black, Grey Interior,Running lights, Sky Jacker 6" lift and 39.5" Super swampers, 3" Skyjacker Body Lift with 16.5" aluminums, K&N FIPK, cowl induction hood, grille guard with 12,000lb Warn winch, Rancho Dual Shock kit Front and rear, Rancho Dual Steering stabilizer, true dual exahust with 3" pipe dynomax race mufflers and 4 inch tips exiting at rear corners, RhinoLiner, cleaned out Kitty Cat, Roll Bar with KC HiLites, soon to have air lockers and 4:56's or 4:88's, possible TS2000 KB S/C, and MAF???????

Old 01-14-2002 | 08:40 PM
N700MS
Senior User
My SD is STOLEN!!!

Man that sucks!!! Didn't your truck have an alarm? I know if my Explorer ever gets broken into I would be able to hear the alarm cause its just out my window. If it was a diesel you might have heard it. Well, I'm sorry about your loss. Hope you get a new truck soon.

N700MS

Old 01-14-2002 | 11:10 PM
Munkey
|
Fleet Mechanic
My SD is STOLEN!!!

I've got the pictures, just havent had time to develop them. The strange thing is, the truck was parked very close to my neighbors bedroom window, about 10 feet from it! They've bitched about the noise when I'm wrenching away at 1 a.m., so they had to have heard the theving little snot bust the drivers glass. It just amazes me that NO ONE in the whole neighborhood heard my truck being vandalized considering we live in a cul-de-sac. It's a good neighborhood, due to the fact that it's on the outskirts of town, but even the outskirts have their problems. The salesman I'm dealing with is a doof, I think a brain dead monkey could take down a list of options better than this guy! Most people would automatically assume you're talking 250 or 350 when you mention a V-10...and this twit calls me back with a price for a F-150. ARRGH! I thought going up to speak with him face to face, and give him an options list would clear up any confusion, I guess not!

Old 01-15-2002 | 08:26 PM
lrrpbn47
Freshman User
My SD is STOLEN!!!

Man that sucked this is what you do with new truck. Alarm set up to turn your AR15 with laser site & bipod. Or an AR10 if you could afford it on. First shot blank by then your up and got your finger on the trigger. ONE SHOT ONE KILL.

Old 01-16-2002 | 04:38 AM
Edmo
Senior User
My SD is STOLEN!!!

Although I don't believe I'm saying (typing) this, it's just a truck... Your new one will fill the void and I hope the creep knows better than to mess with you again!
Sorry that you had to go through this headache.

Hey N700MS, what is that N number on? MS = Mississippi?

Edmo

OBTW, Mr. Creep I do have an AR-15 so don't come messing around my truck!

Old 01-18-2002 | 12:51 AM
Munkey
|
Fleet Mechanic
My SD is STOLEN!!!

Actually, the new truck is going in the garage, very tight fit though. I'm still waiting for a lift kit for garages as well, I've got clearance problems, ya know? :P

Old 01-18-2002 | 08:45 AM
rustpoisoning
New User
My SD is STOLEN!!!