2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Trying to find HD wheels in machined, polished or chrome look

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday | 08:14 PM
Foxthorn
|
Trailering
Trying to find HD wheels in machined, polished or chrome look

Anyone know of any after market heavy duty wheels (4000 pounds or more max load) that are either machined, polished, or chrome look?

I found Method 701-HD and 305-HD but those only come in black or bronze.

Getting a white F350 soon and I'm not a fan of the stock 18-inch wheels so looking for bright/shiny looking options... but also want the extra HD load capability for my slide in camper.

Old Yesterday | 09:02 PM
BPTS
Mountain Pass
What about O.E. polished aluminum 20” like what the 22 Platinums wear?
Good looking, strong wheel that won’t chip or peel.
You will have to change diameters via Forscan.

Old Yesterday | 09:25 PM
Boostingaz
Mountain Pass
Old Today | 03:00 AM
ATC Crazy
Hotshot
Good luck. The black wheel fad has taken over.

Old Today | 05:04 AM
IADiver
More Turbo
Originally Posted by ATC Crazy
Yeah, between black wheels and 22" craze it is hard. I went with Gear 762 C, they are 3700.

285 75 18 Falkens, 9" rim -18 offset

The following users liked this post:
Old Today | 07:51 AM
Rwhjr
Fleet Mechanic
must you always walk around pretending to carry some cross?!

Black wheels have been around since the ****ing Model T for crying out loud so if you consider 100+ years to be a “fad” then alright. Plus theres plenty of silver or chrome wheel options still. try to be helpful instead of just complaining for once.

here’s a great option that looks amazing on Super Duty trucks below for the OP that also meet his criteria of having a 4000lb load limit.

For instance, these are some great looking wheels from KMC. Been eyeballing them up myself. They have a real nice design and finish to them and with a set of 35s would look nice on a stock height SD

The following 2 users liked this post by Rwhjr:
Old Today | 08:29 AM
BDWSD22
Tuned
Have a look

Originally Posted by Foxthorn
Anyone know of any after market heavy duty wheels (4000 pounds or more max load) that are either machined, polished, or chrome look?

I found Method 701-HD and 305-HD but those only come in black or bronze.

Getting a white F350 soon and I'm not a fan of the stock 18-inch wheels so looking for bright/shiny looking options... but also want the extra HD load capability for my slide in camper.
I bought a set of OEM 20" Platinum wheels and a fifth one for a spare. I really liked the Goodyear TrailRunner AT 275/65R20 10 ply tires. Have a look:

Old Today | 09:44 AM
Poncho450
Lead Driver
OP doesn't say which model Super Duty he will have soon. Search Facebook for Great Lakes Take Off. They may have a higher trim model wheel to suit your needs.

Old Today | 10:23 AM
Joe T
Lead Driver
He wants to increase the load rating of the wheel to match some aftermarket tire options.

Originally Posted by Rwhjr
must you always walk around pretending to carry some cross?!

Black wheels have been around since the ****ing Model T for crying out loud so if you consider 100+ years to be a “fad” then alright. Plus theres plenty of silver or chrome wheel options still. try to be helpful instead of just complaining for once.

here’s a great option that looks amazing on Super Duty trucks below for the OP that also meet his criteria of having a 4000lb load limit.

For instance, these are some great looking wheels from KMC. Been eyeballing them up myself. They have a real nice design and finish to them and with a set of 35s would look nice on a stock height SD

Forged Impacts. But they are like $600 or so each.

He can also get someone to machine face the Method HD and clearcoat them.

Either would pair well with a 305/70/18 BFG in 128 load rating, 285/75/18, or 295/70/18 in 129 load rating,

Old Today | 10:57 AM
Rwhjr
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by Joe T
He wants to increase the load rating of the wheel to match some aftermarket tire options.

Forged Impacts. But they are like $600 or so each.

He can also get someone to machine face the Method HD and clearcoat them.

Either would pair well with a 305/70/18 BFG in 128 load rating, 285/75/18, or 295/70/18 in 129 load rating,
heres 12 pages of wheels he can sort through

20s and 18s with some form or fashion of silver/gray that fit our bolt patterns

https://www.customwheeloffset.com/st...e=0&qdToggle=0

Old Today | 11:32 AM
Joe T
Lead Driver
Looked at a couple and they are under his 4000lbs requirement.

Old Today | 11:55 AM
Rwhjr
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by Joe T
Looked at a couple and they are under his 4000lbs requirement.
then it doesn’t sound like he’s getting a set of wheels for $800 that meet his requirements now does it?

There will probably be a couple he can find but he’ll have to extensively look through that list instead of “just a couple”.

If he’s running a SRW the 4000lb rating isn’t useful anyways because the axle itself won’t be rated that high.

Any wheel with 37XX lb rating should pretty much match a srw axle rating and it will give him more options. There’s probably a reason why not many wheels go over that rating.

The following users liked this post:
Old Today | 01:01 PM
speakerfritz
Hotshot
I bought Northstar 22.5 rims for my f-450 rims are rated at 6000lbs

polished on both sides

exactly what I wanted

Old Today | 01:42 PM
Scoobertdoo
Tuned
I don't know how you can say that, it took me forever to find a truck that didn't have that god awful hideous looking chrome package on it. That drove my local dealer nuts for months to find truck after truck that fit 95% of what I wanted in options and I would get there and see the chrome wheels or bumpers and just so "nope" try and sell it somebody else, not interested.

Old Today | 02:02 PM
Foxthorn
|
Trailering
Excellent info guys.. thanks a ton! I agree 3700 is probably enough but if I'm buying new wheels anyway the extra wiggle room if available sure can't hurt any.
I like both the Gear and the KMC options posted - will look more at them.

How do I determine the offset I need to keep the wheels near the factory position if going with 295/75R18 on 9 inch rim with a stock F350?

Are the machined wheels easy enough to maintain and keep clean? Compared to I guess painted and chrome options.

Thanks again!!

Quick Reply: Trying to find HD wheels in machined, polished or chrome look