2022+ Maverick Ford Maverick - mini pickup

Maverick Feedback

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2024, 12:41 AM
SMarquez
Tuned
Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts
Maverick Feedback

My wife is interested in a Maverick. We keep our cars and trucks a long time. How are they holding up after a couple years now? I see the hybrid comes with a CVT trans, how are those holding up?
This forum seems to be pretty low activity so I hope that's a good sign.
Let me know what you have experienced and any recommendations for options, powertrains etc.
Thanks,
Steve

Old 06-26-2024, 05:38 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,275 Likes on 837 Posts
I have no personal experience which is what you're needing right now BUT, the city where I deliver mail has a fleet of Mav's that are in use everyday and most of these are used by the road crews. These little trucks are pulling small trailers and hauling pretty impressive loads and it has to be a ton cheaper to use these then full size trucks.

There still isn't a large inventory to choose from which tells me that the dealers are selling them as fast as they get them in. When I downsize in a couple years, the Ranger and the Mav are on my short list.

The following users liked this post:
Old 06-27-2024, 09:19 PM
FORD COASTIE
Supporter of Patriotism
Received 2,410 Likes on 1,745 Posts
Originally Posted by tseekins
I have no personal experience which is what you're needing right now BUT, the city where I deliver mail has a fleet of Mav's that are in use everyday and most of these are used by the road crews. These little trucks are pulling small trailers and hauling pretty impressive loads and it has to be a ton cheaper to use these then full size trucks.

There still isn't a large inventory to choose from which tells me that the dealers are selling them as fast as they get them in. When I downsize in a couple years, the Ranger and the Mav are on my short list.
The Maverick and Ranger are considerations for me too. The one concern I have about the Maverick is how cheap the interior looks. I just wonder how well it will hold up over time, but I still haven’t ruled it out.

Old 06-28-2024, 05:06 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,275 Likes on 837 Posts
Originally Posted by FORD COASTIE
The Maverick and Ranger are considerations for me too. The one concern I have about the Maverick is how cheap the interior looks. I just wonder how well it will hold up over time, but I still haven’t ruled it out.
That and I'm concerned about the brake issues that are or have plagued the Bronco Sport and the Escape. All three vehicles are kin to one another.

Old 06-29-2024, 08:05 PM
PaulVA
Trailering
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by SMarquez
My wife is interested in a Maverick. We keep our cars and trucks a long time. How are they holding up after a couple years now? I see the hybrid comes with a CVT trans, how are those holding up?
This forum seems to be pretty low activity so I hope that's a good sign.
Let me know what you have experienced and any recommendations for options, powertrains etc.
Thanks,
Steve
I ordered a 2023 Lariat with the 2.0 EcoBoost engine. I try to only drive it on weekends because of my 90+ mile round trip to work and back. I have no complaints at all with mine, it's very quick and rides like a SUV. If you haven't already done so, I suggest joining the Maverick Truck Club forums, which probably is the most active of all the forums. You'll certainly get recommendations on there.

The following users liked this post: