N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

April 2024 all topic thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2024, 10:09 PM
Tim Young
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 4,507 Likes on 1,778 Posts
Cool, Glad you got it home. How's it running?

Old 04-29-2024, 11:20 PM
Fifty150
Logistics Pro
Received 319 Likes on 277 Posts
How could they lose parts to a car that they are responsible for? I just don't get it. Jim, you're lucky that you finally got your truck back.

The part number for the hub cap, in case you want to buy one, is 4L3Z1130AB

I made the cheap roast today. It turned out okay. It turned out just like you would expect, for cheap beef.

Old 04-29-2024, 11:44 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 162 Likes on 151 Posts
Thanks for the part number. I don't have the $$$ now but will end up getting four of them since they are new. I'll keep the older one as a spare in case I lose one. I don't know how they lose parts. They probably put the battery in a different vehicle. However, I don't see why I should pay for one. I didn't lose it. But I didn't want to keep the truck there any longer. When I go back for the bumper swap, I will stay with it until the work is done and take it home with me. No more leaving it there.

Jim

The following users liked this post:
Old 04-29-2024, 11:49 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by Tim Young
Cool, Glad you got it home. How's it running?
Don't know. Drove it half a block to my apartment and parked it. My carport neighbor has been used to parking too close to my space since my truck has been gone for five months. So, I noticed he was not home when I left to get my truck. Wanted to get it in my spot so I can actually get out of it when his little Nissan crossover is next to it. It ran fine for that half a block. But I will take it out tomorrow and do some errands to see how it does.

Jim

Old 04-30-2024, 12:02 AM
Modoc
Fleet Mechanic
Received 89 Likes on 69 Posts
Jim, I’m glad to hear that you have your truck back!

I have been driving the Bronco lately, partially because it’s easier to park than a crew cab Super Duty and partially the cost of diesel vs gas. Everything is going well on that end though.

It is better to drive an alarming car than rely on a car alarm. 🤣🤘

Old 04-30-2024, 02:20 AM
Fifty150
Logistics Pro
They say that these will last 1,000 miles.

If you walk a mile a day, which is not a lot, then these are good for a few years. I guess the marketing department didn't want to sell them as "a couple of years, boots".

They are good. I don't know if they're worth the retail price. They are pretty durable. I've owned this pair for over a decade. As I recall, I bought them when my truck was new. They look and feel like they will last another decade. So that means that they have lasted more than 1,000 miles. If I bought a pair of cheap shoes every year, I would have spent way more money.

Had them on today. Scuffed it on concrete. How that happened was another story. And yes, I was wearing yellow pants. I was able to brush it, and it looks like the scuff is gone. Can't even tell that the toe was scrubbed against cement. Weird how the cell phone camera makes the same shoe look like different colors, depending on the lighting. Natural light, in the shade. Full sun. And indoor LED overhead lights. Looks like different shoes.

Old 04-30-2024, 09:21 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

"These boots were made for walking, and that's just what they'll do"

Jim

Old 04-30-2024, 09:44 AM
GlueGuy
Lead Driver
Received 239 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally Posted by Nighteyez
Cyber trucks! Yeah, and how many recalls have they had? Not sure I would want to advertise that they are made in the USA. LOL

Jim
One; for the cover on the accelerator pedal.

Old 04-30-2024, 10:00 AM
Tim Young
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 4,507 Likes on 1,778 Posts
Good morning Jim and crew!

Jim, It's amazing that the shop lost your battery and then made you buy another one, and then they lost a center cap. I still think they screwed up your original motor. But in the end, I'm glad you got your truck back and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it runs well and lasts a long time.

Rob from the city, Nice boots but now we all wait for the rest of the story of how they got scuffed?

Old 04-30-2024, 11:30 AM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 967 Likes on 697 Posts
Are those similar to RedWings? Super durable!

Old 04-30-2024, 12:54 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Good morning Jim and crew!

Jim, It's amazing that the shop lost your battery and then made you buy another one, and then they lost a center cap. I still think they screwed up your original motor. But in the end, I'm glad you got your truck back and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it runs well and lasts a long time.

Rob from the city, Nice boots but now we all wait for the rest of the story of how they got scuffed?
I agree with you regarding my old motor. I put a lot of money into it only to have them switch it out. They did give me the option of looking into the "rattling sound" or take the motor out of the white truck. But to lose my battery, and then tell me he will loan me one until I get one. That is ridiculous. Cost me $193 and change to buy a battery. I am going to take the receipt with me tomorrow when they do the bumper swap. If he wants to charge me for that, I'll tell him to deduct it from what he owes me for the battery.

On a different note, I seem to have lost my driver's license. I didn't even notice it until yesterday. I always keep it in my fanny pack in a metal "RF Blocker" clip, along with my credit cards. The only thing I can think of is that it fell out unnoticed when I took out a credit card or two, to pay for things this past weekend. But honestly, it could have been gone for weeks. I don't check to see if it is there, but happened to notice it missing yesterday when I showed my VA ID to get the 10% discount at O'Reilly. I went online and ordered a replacement which cost me $33 and will be here within two to four weeks. I was also able to print out a temp license in the mean time.

Jim

Old 05-01-2024, 01:00 AM
Fifty150
Logistics Pro

we all wait for the rest of the story of how they got scuffed?
I wish it were something exciting, like day drinking and wild women.

On a side note, I don't buy "shoes". I only buy "boots" now. Even when I am wearing "dress clothes", I don't wear "dress shoes". It's sort of like back in The 70's, wearing "disco boots".
Originally Posted by wpnaes
Are those similar to RedWings?

It's an old company from The 1800's. That particular shoe is the model that they have been making for over 100 years. Made In USA. I tend to buy American when I am able to do so. With shoes, you still can. Allen Edmonds, Alden, Red Wing, Wesco, Danner, Frank's, et cetera. The 1000 Mile Boot is the market rival of Red Wing's Iron Ranger, and other models from their "heritage" line.

Wolverine has sales and coupons. So I did not pay full retail price. You can go online right now, and find a discounted shoe, and there will also be an online coupon. Red Wing never goes on sale, and you can never get a discount. The same thing happens with Allen Edmonds having sales and coupons, plus an outlet for clearance and factory seconds. Alden never goes on sale.

Old 05-01-2024, 01:07 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

I don't wear boots at all. Last time I wore boots I was in the service. Because my knee doesn't bend enough, I can't tie any shoes. So, I wear shoes that don't need tying. Slippers work great. I have dress shoes with Velcro, but they are harder to put on then open back slippers.

Here is my truck with the beat-up bumper still on it. Light bar is installed and looks a little small for the truck, but it works great. Can't think of any witty name for it, so I am calling it "Forest" since it is dark green. Took it out for a drive today and found out the stereo works. I was shocked. Only the front two speakers, but that is better than none. Also, the passenger side rear window decided to work again. So now the only window that does not go up or down is the passenger side front.

Jim

Last edited by Nighteyez; 05-01-2024 at 01:09 AM. Reason: add info
Old 05-01-2024, 01:24 AM
Fifty150
Logistics Pro
Alright Jim! Now that you have the light bar, and your gun permit, you can make some money. Hire yourself out to construction companies. Whenever they do contract work on the side of the road, you can be the truck with the flashing light to protect the construction workers. You just have to park your truck with the lights flashing. You don't even have to be in the truck. You could be out of the truck, and eating a burger. Or you could actually just fall asleep in the truck. Nobody cares. What are the chances that they will need you to shoot somebody trying to steal copper wires or tools?

I don't wear the same shoes every day. By allowing the boots to air out and relax a day, the life of the shoe is extended. That's how my shoes last for so many years. None of them are worn every day. The other shoes that I wear on alternating days are Allen Edmonds. The Allen Edmonds "feel" more comfortable. The Wolverine boots "feel" more rugged and durable.

Old 05-01-2024, 09:42 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Might not have the permit after Friday. I took the renewal course and failed the shooting part twice. Tomorrow night is my last try before the permit expires on Friday. The firing test requires you to fire at a target 15 times at 3 yards out, and at 5 yards out, then fire 20 times at a target 7 yards out. I am inside the torso area in the first two, but outside at 7 yards. Of the 50 total rounds fired, I cannot miss more than 13. Of the 20 rounds fired, I have missed the first 13. So, I will try one more time. If I fail, I will just let it expire as I don't have the money to retake the class again. The money spent on the battery for the truck was an unexpected expense and has made things tight financially.

Jim

Quick Reply: April 2024 all topic thread