2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Well, after seeing this, do you feel better now?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2023, 02:29 PM
Split rims
Fleet Mechanic
Received 957 Likes on 595 Posts
Well, after seeing this, do you feel better now?

Thoughts?
https://www.ford-trucks.com/articles...-to-customers/

The following users liked this post:

Top Answer

05-25-2023, 08:50 PM
twobelugas
Cargo Master
Received 1,514 Likes on 937 Posts
Originally Posted by jdk1
Our culture has devolved to where mediocrity and just accomplishing one's job is to be rewarded above basic pay. Notice that if you order a pizza for pick-up, you're prompted to Leave a tip...before you even receive any service! If you want pay or recognition above standard payment, the item or service has to be above standard. Unfortunately, a truck that isn't broke upon delivery or someone simply handing you a pizza, IS above the current standard!
I bought a gift card at Starbucks for a coworker, I had to scan the gift card myself and insert my credit card myself, then the credit terminal screen prompted me to add a tip.

I was reminded of why I stopped going out altogether and started cooking my own meals.

Old 05-25-2023, 03:09 PM
Under-Pressure
Tuned
Received 198 Likes on 92 Posts
What a concept delivering a quality product. Do they need a gold star?

The following 2 users liked this post by Under-Pressure:
Old 05-25-2023, 03:11 PM
BSHORT
Cargo Master
Received 1,379 Likes on 710 Posts
Not an SD, but I've had a 23 F150 XL on order since August. Still unscheduled clean as of last week.

Old 05-25-2023, 03:17 PM
Ltngdrvr
Lead Driver
Received 3,602 Likes on 1,905 Posts
Nope, doesn't make me fell any better at all.

Old 05-25-2023, 04:03 PM
PonderosaPilatus
Mountain Pass
Received 72 Likes on 40 Posts
Driving 25 miles on each truck? Yikes! Aren't they building over 1000 trucks a day? That's 25,000+ miles a day that need to be driven for shakedown cruises. Crazy

Old 05-25-2023, 04:14 PM
Bruce M.
More Turbo
Received 357 Likes on 175 Posts
Yeah that 25 miles they talk about is to the speedway or some other eastern Siberian parking lot somewhere, so it can wait for a chip hold,

"Furthermore, Ford has implemented a Zero-Defect Launch Process at the Kentucky Truck and Ohio Assembly plants, significantly increasing the number of quality checks during the assembly process. After the trucks roll off the line, each vehicle undergoes an additional quality check, with a Ford employee driving it for 25 miles to identify any issues before delivery."

The following 2 users liked this post by Bruce M.:
Old 05-25-2023, 04:23 PM
Papa Foxtrot
Cross-Country
Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts
All this talk about quality, but they still miss stuff, ha. My truck was delivered to the dealer with 17 miles on the odometer.
Missing body panel clip where the trim around the step meets the bed on the underside:

Old 05-25-2023, 04:25 PM
roadpilot
Laughing Gas
Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Papa Foxtrot
All this talk about quality, but they still miss stuff, ha. My truck was delivered to the dealer with 17 miles on the odometer.
Missing body panel clip where the trim around the step meets the bed on the underside:
Screws fall out. The world is an imperfect place. If that's all you got, that's outstanding.

The following 4 users liked this post by roadpilot:
Old 05-25-2023, 06:06 PM
BSHORT
Cargo Master
Received 1,379 Likes on 710 Posts
Originally Posted by roadpilot
Screws fall out. The world is an imperfect place. If that's all you got, that's outstanding.
More like it was never there in the first place.

The following 2 users liked this post by BSHORT:
Old 05-25-2023, 06:43 PM
jdk1
More Turbo
Received 328 Likes on 162 Posts
Our culture has devolved to where mediocrity and just accomplishing one's job is to be rewarded above basic pay. Notice that if you order a pizza for pick-up, you're prompted to Leave a tip...before you even receive any service! If you want pay or recognition above standard payment, the item or service has to be above standard. Unfortunately, a truck that isn't broke upon delivery or someone simply handing you a pizza, IS above the current standard!

That said, my 2020 F250 and 2022 F350 have been very good. The 350 had some torn leather on the console lid and someone removed a sticker from some plastic and left half of it still stuck, but that's much better than what I expect nowadays.

The following 4 users liked this post by jdk1:
Old 05-25-2023, 08:50 PM
twobelugas
Cargo Master
Received 1,514 Likes on 937 Posts
Originally Posted by jdk1
I bought a gift card at Starbucks for a coworker, I had to scan the gift card myself and insert my credit card myself, then the credit terminal screen prompted me to add a tip.

I was reminded of why I stopped going out altogether and started cooking my own meals.

The following 10 users liked this post by twobelugas:
Old 05-25-2023, 09:03 PM
53ford
Tuned
Received 40 Likes on 21 Posts
Guess the quality checks are why my drivers window quit working right at 1100 miles instead of right away.

Old 05-25-2023, 11:06 PM
Under-Pressure
Tuned
Received 198 Likes on 92 Posts
How about some quality control at the vendors who supply the junk these super special assembly line pro nouns install? My 2020 was on a do not sell to public list (dealer received memo after sale ) due to incompetent labor & my 2022 has a transmission that sounds like it has marbles rolling around in it. I sure hope my ‘23 has some of this mystical quality built in. Are these quality trucks Job 3 builds?

The following 2 users liked this post by Under-Pressure:
Old 05-25-2023, 11:37 PM
Username12
Mountain Pass
Received 105 Likes on 54 Posts
I wonder if that 25 miles is a typo. When I took delivery on my ‘23, it had a sticker on the window stating it was driven 15 miles by an assembly plant employee for quality check and only had 17 miles on the odometer. It seems more accurate, just based on my experience, that 15 miles is the right number.

Though that sticker had a blank where the mileage was and someone hand wrote the “15” in the blank so maybe each truck is different.

Old 05-26-2023, 06:52 AM
Papa Foxtrot
Cross-Country
Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by roadpilot
I'm assuming you've never removed any of those retainer clips - they don't just "fall out" after being installed (when new). It is pretty clear that it was never installed from the start. It's not a big deal by itself, just simply showing things are still being missed even with supposed increase quality checks. The expectation should always be "completed" not "good enough". This simply means that I need to roll up under the new vehicle and check it thoroughly. My engine was also about 1 quart low on oil (barely touching the lower of the two fill dots on the dipstick).

Quick Reply: Well, after seeing this, do you feel better now?