2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

2023 Super Duty Order Tracking / No Off Topic Please

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2023 | 08:33 AM
adamzski
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by kry226
Has to be built, I think. A VIN on it's own won't get you there.
it’s built, off the train, and sitting at the rail yard an hour away waiting to be picked up by truck. Estimated delivery is 4/3 - 4/12

Old 04-07-2023 | 08:43 AM
Bruce M.
More Turbo
Originally Posted by adamzski
it’s built, off the train, and sitting at the rail yard an hour away waiting to be picked up by truck. Estimated delivery is 4/3 - 4/12
Yeah so is mine, sitting in a rail yard offloaded from rail car and awaiting trucking company. my date for delivery has been shoved back four times now. This whole process is very discouraging.

Old 04-07-2023 | 08:59 AM
jsrickert2
Mountain Pass
I wonder how many trucks were actually ordered for 2023 not just customers but dealers too? Does anyone know the 2022 order and completed percentage because I know there are some that didn't even get their 2022's? I don't see how a company can not make a product that was ordered by a customer and just move on and say oh well. I am happy for those who have gotten their vehicles but I wonder how many of us who are still awaiting build dates will actually get a vehicle. Some are saying they are taking 2024 orders in July, again they haven't even started the KR, platinum and limited builds or even set a build date yet. What's everyone's thoughts?

Old 04-07-2023 | 09:51 AM
Mhindman
Cross-Country
My two cents echo your thoughts. I ordered on 10/27/22 and received Ford confirmation email on 10/31/22. I received a promise email and a supply chain email and nothing else. If Ford would just communicate with us honestly and be realistic, I wouldnt have a complaint. Not truly knowing if I will get a truck this year is really sad and should be embarrassing to Ford but apparently isn't. My long-term loyalty to Ford is clearly in question and Im starting to think I am just the fool being taken on a ride. I know I can't operate like this in my profession or I would rightfully so lose my job. Only time will tell. I will keep thinking positive thoughts and am truly happy for all who have received their new trucks!!!

The following 2 users liked this post by Mhindman:
Old 04-07-2023 | 10:07 AM
SloDon
5th Wheeling
F 250 7.3

Yippee! Mine has shipped!

F-250 7.3 CCSB, 10500# GVWR, Pro Power, 5th wheel prep, Bed Liner, Running boards, Tow package, 360 camera and more.

I'm getting closer!

Hope more of you get good news soon.

The following users liked this post:
Old 04-07-2023 | 10:08 AM
rohrden
Mountain Pass
A few thoughts. Communication is so important. In all aspects of life. It can go so far from a public relations standpoint, but it seems the Marketing/PR people are far removed from the ordering process. But if Ford is lurking here (hopefully they are not over on the cesspool that is facebook, but I know they are), here goes:

1. Confirmation of Order email - got this one, so good start
2. 30 Days. Update about how they are working to finish 2022 orders and looking forward to getting the assembly line up and running for 2023. - we got some random email
3. First Truck - Send an email about how the first truck just rolled off the line, show a picture, with some employees maybe, I know Marketing had to take one, it's always a big deal. Talk about how excited they are to be building 2023.
4. 15 days after first truck. Update about OK to Sell, what it means and that they will update us when it get released.
5. OK to Sell cleared. Again explain what it means.
6. Job 2 start. Every email above should have been custom for Job 1 and Job2. Job 2 emails should remind people to be patient that they are not starting to build their Job 2 orders yet. Excited about whatever the milestone is and hope to send out notice about Job 2 soon.
7. Job 2 start, real Job 2, like we are scheduling KR/Platinum/Limited, not this slow start where they are now doing the tow package at the higher price etc. Although that should have been an email too, only to those that ordered that option. Mention how excited they are to be including that in orders now. Should not have changed price though on any Truck not marked as a priority 99 or specifically ordered with that option.
8. Regular emails specific to Job1 or Job2 trims that have relevant information. No more than 30 days.
9. Fix the scheduling emails. Seeing too many people not getting an email until the vehicle is built.
10. If it isn't too hard, and it really could be automated, show a picture of the Truck rolling off the assembly line in the Built email. If Ford could take pictures without empoyees getting in them (privacy) of the Truck at various build stages that would be so cool.

This order process is new for almost everyone, including Ford. They could really make it so much better.

PS: If Ford marketing likes this send me some DogeCoin.

The following 4 users liked this post by rohrden:
Old 04-07-2023 | 10:50 AM
unidentified
Cross-Country
Originally Posted by Bruce M.
Yeah so is mine, sitting in a rail yard offloaded from rail car and awaiting trucking company. my date for delivery has been shoved back four times now. This whole process is very discouraging.
how did you get that much detail on where your truck is?

Old 04-07-2023 | 11:43 AM
Bruce M.
More Turbo
Originally Posted by unidentified
how did you get that much detail on where your truck is?
I went to the dealer and he pulled up a new tracker(new to him anyway) That new tracker pings the truck selected on the screen and actually comes up on a map screen with a blinking dot showing location. mine was up by Albany, NY. It's stated in the comments that it was offloaded and awaiting the trucking company, it even had the designated trucking companies name...wish I wrote it down.

Old 04-07-2023 | 12:25 PM
Johnny F2 fiddy
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by kry226
Just thought I'd share for those of you wondering what your payload sticker says.

S​​​​​​ince my truck has now been built, I am able to access more of my specific truck's info on the Ford website and today, I actually found the towing calculator folks have been talking about (I've never been able to access it before today- all links have taken me nowhere and Google doesn't help).

After signing into your ford.com account and inputting your VIN, click view vehicle details. Scroll down and click Towing Calculator. The calculator will show your ratings at the top of the page. Mine looks like this:

Gross Vehicle Weight Rating: 11,900 lbs
Gross Combined Weight Rating: 29,000 lbs
Max Payload: 4,333 lbs

Of course, I'll double-check payload on the sticker at delivery, but since it's tied to the VIN, I suspect it'll match. Hope this helps with y'all's curiosity. YMMV.
Just changed the color and font size of his data to make it easier for others to see.

The following 3 users liked this post by Johnny F2 fiddy:
Old 04-07-2023 | 12:27 PM
Johnny F2 fiddy
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by rohrden
Seems premature as nobody here has reported an email in weeks with a build date past 4/24. It seems they may have internally scheduled some stuff, but nothing specific. They have not sent out any KR/Platinum/Limited that I have seen on any sources. More likely they limited orders to get them all done by this date, since those up trims cut off ordering after about 3 weeks last fall.
How soon is too early to start a 2024 MY order tracking thread....??

Old 04-07-2023 | 12:57 PM
whiterr
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by Bruce M.
I went to the dealer and he pulled up a new tracker(new to him anyway) That new tracker pings the truck selected on the screen and actually comes up on a map screen with a blinking dot showing location. mine was up by Albany, NY. It's stated in the comments that it was offloaded and awaiting the trucking company, it even had the designated trucking companies name...wish I wrote it down.
My dealer must have taken a vacation. Can Chat do the same thing?

Old 04-07-2023 | 01:03 PM
Bruce M.
More Turbo
I do not know what the name of the tracker or program he was using but I would guess that they should be able to if the dealer can, I did see it with my own eyes so it does exist.

Old 04-07-2023 | 01:29 PM
jsrickert2
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by Mhindman
My two cents echo your thoughts. I ordered on 10/27/22 and received Ford confirmation email on 10/31/22. I received a promise email and a supply chain email and nothing else. If Ford would just communicate with us honestly and be realistic, I wouldnt have a complaint. Not truly knowing if I will get a truck this year is really sad and should be embarrassing to Ford but apparently isn't. My long-term loyalty to Ford is clearly in question and Im starting to think I am just the fool being taken on a ride. I know I can't operate like this in my profession or I would rightfully so lose my job. Only time will tell. I will keep thinking positive thoughts and am truly happy for all who have received their new trucks!!!
I just talked to a sales manager (who is my patient) today that I ordered my ford from and he told me that they didn’t over allocate like some dealerships did, they have 76 allocations and they have received 3 trucks so far. We are in Texas so that’s good news as far as shipment goes. He said I would get my platinum 100% as he put me down as 10 priority and that they didn’t over allocate so we will see.

Old 04-07-2023 | 01:31 PM
Todd1
5th Wheeling
There should be a way to verify allocations other then what the salesman tells you.

Old 04-07-2023 | 01:35 PM
jsrickert2
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by Todd1
There should be a way to verify allocations other then what the salesman tells you.
agreed but I don’t know what they are but I’m new to the game, last truck I bought was. KR f250 from 2008 and back then they were giving them away with diesel prices at $4.69 per gallon!

Quick Reply: 2023 Super Duty Order Tracking / No Off Topic Please