2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Tie down hooks for bed

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2022, 03:22 PM
CheeseheadFord
Fleet Mechanic
Received 635 Likes on 424 Posts
Tie down hooks for bed

Does anyone have any recommendations for tie down hooks for a 2022 F250? Mine has two in the front but would like to put two on each side of the bed. From what I've seen, and maybe I've just not looked enough, most tie downs are two pieces, where you buy a part that attached permanently to your bed then the hook is separate. Are there any one piece hooks that anyone is using and are happy with? I don't need them to hold a ton of weight but they come in handy to tie down various things while camping.

Old 06-15-2022, 05:14 PM
4wd6.7L
Lead Driver
Received 2,158 Likes on 1,619 Posts
Ford calls them Boxlink (the 2 piece). I've read, but have not tried, that e track accessories will work in the boxlink plates too. Any particular reason you don't want to use the Boxlink plates?

Old 06-15-2022, 08:46 PM
Ding126
Fleet Mechanic
Received 247 Likes on 167 Posts
Ive used a aircraft style system like this in my last two trucks. two eight foot strips on each side of the bed Long bed ) and 3 6inch placed on the bed rails, with D rings and cargo ratchet straps to secure anything.. I would be cautious about ratcheting too much with the aluminum bed . Shop around to find best pricing but you get the basis of design

https://www.uscargocontrol.com/produ...track-aluminum

https://www.macscustomtiedowns.com/c...nt=Tie%20Downs

The following users liked this post:
Old 06-16-2022, 06:20 AM
Poncho450
Lead Driver
Received 986 Likes on 601 Posts
Originally Posted by 4wd6.7L
Ford calls them Boxlink (the 2 piece). I've read, but have not tried, that e track accessories will work in the boxlink plates too. Any particular reason you don't want to use the Boxlink plates?
The information you read about E track is true. Maybe it's just me, but the Boxlink tie down loops seem to slide in and out awfully hard. E track is much simpler to me.

Old 06-16-2022, 08:48 AM
CheeseheadFord
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by 4wd6.7L
Mainly price. I don't need to spend a couple hundred for 4 tie downs in my truck. It seems the boxlink or boxlink style is all that I've found that will bolt up to the factory holes in the bed. Found a few boxlink alternatives on Amazon I'm likely to pounce on at this point unless someone points me in another direction.

Old 06-16-2022, 09:32 AM
morehouse7
Fleet Mechanic
Received 521 Likes on 339 Posts
Originally Posted by Poncho450
The information you read about E track is true. Maybe it's just me, but the Boxlink tie down loops seem to slide in and out awfully hard. E track is much simpler to me.
I second the E Track, lots of configurations and straps available and will be good for future trucks. Between the E track and the Bull Ring pop-ups https://www.bullringusa.com/ford-tie-down-anchors/ I'm all all set

Old 06-16-2022, 09:51 AM
rufushusky
Fleet Mechanic
Received 455 Likes on 322 Posts

Dumb question but what did you use for hardware to mount those plates?

Old 06-16-2022, 10:06 AM
morehouse7
Fleet Mechanic
Received 521 Likes on 339 Posts
Originally Posted by rufushusky
They are factory plates that come in the bed

Old 06-16-2022, 10:08 AM
philips
Tuned
Received 109 Likes on 71 Posts
This is what I use, forged steel eyebolt, oversized washer on back, high strength nylon insert locknut.

Old 06-16-2022, 10:15 AM
rednex
Mountain Pass
Received 62 Likes on 35 Posts
I will second the e-track for the boxlink system. US Cargo Control has a ton of different accessories that makes it extremely useful for me. I also bought the e-track tracks themselves to install in my trailers so that I can use the same system in the trailers that I use in my truck. All in all, been very happy with the boxlink system using e-track.

Old 06-16-2022, 10:52 AM
CheeseheadFord
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by morehouse7
They are factory plates that come in the bed
They don't come in 22 XL STX's.... or maybe it was an option that I didn't add. If that's the case aftermarket ones quite a bit cheaper and probably manufactured on the same line as the "Ford" ones.

Old 06-16-2022, 11:30 AM
Poncho450
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by rufushusky
Not a dumb question at all. It's actually the Boxlink system that came on the truck from the factory. Had to remove them and put them back on when I installed the DuraLiner but it's all simple bolt in.
The Boxlink hooks that go in them are still sealed in plastic under the rear seat. E track accessories work easier to me. Unfortunately I don't know if non Boxlink equipped trucks have the tapped holes from the factory or not. My truck is an XLT Premium, here's a partial shot of the window sticker that shows it as standard equipment.

Old 06-16-2022, 11:37 AM
T. Banning
Tuned
Received 121 Likes on 87 Posts
Not a dumb question at all. It's actually the Boxlink system that came on the truck from the factory. Had to remove them and put them back on when I installed the DuraLiner but it's all simple bolt in.
The Boxlink hooks that go in them are still sealed in plastic under the rear seat. E track accessories work easier to me. Unfortunately I don't know if non Boxlink equipped trucks have the tapped holes from the factory or not. My truck is an XLT Premium, here's a partial shot of the window sticker that shows it as standard equipment.

The holes are not actually tapped, they use a cutter type bolt when they're installed!

Old 06-16-2022, 11:58 AM
Poncho450
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by rednex
I will second the e-track for the boxlink system. US Cargo Control has a ton of different accessories that makes it extremely useful for me. I also bought the e-track tracks themselves to install in my trailers so that I can use the same system in the trailers that I use in my truck. All in all, been very happy with the boxlink system using e-track.
Another good reason for E track accessories. I have a 7x18 enclosed trailer that I haul 4 motorcycles in. I put E track on floor and I've added some to the walls in case anyone is moving furniture or something that needs to be secured in an upright position.

Old 06-16-2022, 11:58 AM
4wd6.7L
Lead Driver
Received 2,158 Likes on 1,619 Posts
Originally Posted by CheeseheadFord
Mainly price. I don't need to spend a couple hundred for 4 tie downs in my truck. It seems the boxlink or boxlink style is all that I've found that will bolt up to the factory holes in the bed. Found a few boxlink alternatives on Amazon I'm likely to pounce on at this point unless someone points me in another direction.
I had never priced them out since they came in my truck. I see now that that the OEM Boxlink plates are $60 for the set. I imagine four E track tie downs would add another $30 to the total.
I do see some cheaper aftermarket versions of the plates too.

Quick Reply: Tie down hooks for bed