I am Back on FTE after a long absence

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2022, 02:05 PM
Fredvon4
Logistics Pro

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
I am Back on FTE after a long absence

I am the short 6 foot guy
191 Days after I ordered my new Maverick it was delivered to my very rural dealer. Hill Country Ford in Goldthwaite Texas. Upon arriving I was ecstatic to see full set of Michelin tires on a sunny day shiny Velocity Blue Lariat.

I did the entire buy over the phone on Oct 27th and got Ford accepted order e-mail on 29 October. Since then I got 9 more e-mails on status changes up to final prep e-mail. I only called and pestered the dealer 3 times all about discounts and financing options. In the end Ford did not honor the $750 off that ended 4-4-2022. OH well they did give the Xplan, and $500 military discounts. I ended up financing through my Bank as same APR as FoMoCo.

On delivery I finally met the Owner as he is the only salesman and finance guy. Got introduced to service staff and as we went to the car the owner said "I don't have anyone here who knows as much about this truck as you do." I told him no sweat this is not my first new Ford and I have read and re-read the owners manual at least 3 times... we both laughed.

I did my check list , a lot based on known problems from this forum. From underneath I asked the owner if he had a way to put in and "Engineering field request to Ford." He said he would chat with reginal guy next time they met. This was about drivers side lack of debris and water protection to tail light area. I do intend to do the shield fix noted here on the forum.

We both figured out the Ford App and not noting any obvious problems we went inside to pay and chat a bit. Totally painless, zero up sale, a promise to see if FoMoCo had any way to send me the $750 later as I had held up to the implied contract, not my fault it took 29 days shipping.

We spent a good hour just two good ole boys BSing and playing what if he had found a way to order half dozen for his lot considering they are selling fast with very high ADMs. I suspect the 23 MY Mavericks will have several orders from him. He does not seem to think the supply chain and new vehicle shortages will be fixed in next 36 months, I tend to agree.

The drive home was interesting as I have drive Jeep Cherokees the last 5 years and Ford controls are all opposite side on steering wheel and stalks. Thanks to lane sense and feedback I stayed in my lane (mostly....grin) 52 mile rural 75 mph highway home, light traffic as I decreased to 50ish then acceleration up to 80 ish and back every 5 miles.

Stopped at Lampasas VFW to see if anyone wanted to see the first Maverick in the county. Probably generated 3 future sales when I told them what the full boat truck cost ($38K with TT&L)

The Only issue I fixed at home was to drop Tire pressure from 50Lbs down to 37 once it was cooled down.
--------------------------------------------------------------

On phone no deposit customer order by Hill Country Ford in Goldthwaite Texas:

Velocity >Blue, Eco 2.0, Lariat, 360, Lariat Lux, AWD, 4k tow, SIBL, ordered 10/27 accepted e-mail 10/29

Thu Dec 9, 2021, 9:56 AM email Schduled for 02/14 production

Thr Jan 27, 7:29 PM Reschedule email. New build date 02/21

Sat Feb 5, 7:42 PM Reschedule email. New build date 2/27

Fri Feb 11, 7:09 PM Reschedule email. New build date 3/14

Fri Feb 18, 7:18 PM Reschedule email. New build date 3/28

Thr Feb 24, Fri 25, Sat 26, Sun 27....NO new e-mail from Ford

Fri Mar 4, 7:11 PM Reschedule email. New build date 4/11

Fri Mar 11, 7:17 PM Reschedule email. New build date 3/21

Mon Mar 28, 1:47 PM Built e-mail est delivery 17~23 April

Thu, Apr 7, 3:35 PM e-mail second notice of shipped same est dates

Fri, Apr 29, 7:13 PM e-mail update od delivery to April 29, 2022, and May 5, 2022.

Old 07-14-2022, 07:29 AM
My4Fordtrucks
Lead Driver
Received 1,557 Likes on 1,233 Posts
Originally Posted by Fredvon4
I did my check list , a lot based on known problems from this forum. From underneath I asked the owner if he had a way to put in and "Engineering field request to Ford." He said he would chat with reginal guy next time they met. This was about drivers side lack of debris and water protection to tail light area. I do intend to do the shield fix noted here on the forum.

We both figured out the Ford App and not noting any obvious problems we went inside to pay and chat a bit. Totally painless, zero up sale, a promise to see if FoMoCo had any way to send me the $750 later as I had held up to the implied contract, not my fault it took 29 days shipping.
Did you get anywhere on your requests from Ford and the dealership?

Old 07-15-2022, 09:04 AM
Fredvon4
Logistics Pro

Dealer was awesome, but no help with the refused Cash offer
FoMoCo.. once sale was done crickets
I sure wish there was a easy way to contact Ford Maverick engineers about the left rear shielding issue

Old 08-06-2022, 10:51 AM
Fredvon4
Logistics Pro

Well first serious screw up: Central Texas avg Temp 104.5. When bought in April it was 97F and AC worked perfectly on long drive home. Over next 450 miles and about 22 trips to town a few times a week the AC was not reliable until last week the engine over temped and warned me. Took to local dealer just before closing and they noticed radiator fan not energized despite very hot engine. Mine is only Maverick in a 19,000 person county. Made appointment for diagnosis and fix on Friday 5 Aug . Finally called late Friday on status to be finally told... some battery managment module was defective and on order from out of state...maybe Wednesday/Thursday Next week part come in....10th or 11th....no sorry sir no loaner available...grrrrrr.... silly me declined rental reimbursement but that is OK because it does not pay for mechanical only collision covered coverage.

Based on my research I am concerned that mech decided on some Battery managment controller as the fault ..VS a Temp sensor or 3...highly probable, ----defective AC component like the Orifice tube with known problems, or over fill PAG, or Over/Under fill Refrigerant, or less likely, defective engine thermostat

While I agree that for 3 months and 500 miles all was working.. before very hot weather glitching.....I am not convinced a battery managment module is the fix.... but then, I can't (won't) afford the Motor Craft complete set of maintenance manuals and

in any event I am with out my truck for at least 5 days....not too happy