2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

WTH is going on at Ford

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2022 | 04:56 PM
William Owens
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by Motown Fire
What is the other super duty page you read?
Its a Facebook page Ford Superduty Scheduling and Production. Lots of good info.

Old 03-05-2022 | 04:58 PM
Jacksdad99
Cross-Country
Originally Posted by schrod
I don't follow what you are saying. You hate the 10 speed or what?

Yep. Wildly unimpressed. Worst part is how inconsistent it is with the lurchy behavior. 35+ years of driving cars and never had one not capable of smooth low speed driving.

Old 03-05-2022 | 05:05 PM
William Owens
Mountain Pass
I wonder if this is due to the Covid spike in January, and if the chip supplier had to reduce capacity or shut down for a bit due to limited staff. Seems a slowdown on chips in Jan/Fed, would probably hit about now.

Old 03-05-2022 | 08:59 PM
PullingMalibu's
Cross-Country
Originally Posted by PullingMalibu's
I stand corrected. But cutting production because of chip shortages isn't going to solve the problem unless they stop taking orders.
Originally Posted by jkclark
I work at Ford and I’m UAW. Our contact is online for anyone to review. There is language in there for overtime needs, including 7 days 12 hours a day mandatory. The UAW is in no way the problem, we don’t make chips. The UAW would is not in any way going to shut down or strike. As far as hiring, Ford was doing a lot of hiring, that has paused because of part shortages. Before making statements your unsure of, do some research. Cause I’m not going to just make a blank statement, that you are an over educated idiot. Or born into money and never had to work. Cause I don’t know you.
Joe
You wouldn't have to say anything like that, Joe. I've never been in a union, so I've always had to work. If you'd like to know what work is come on up to North Dakota and drill some oil wells with me.

Originally Posted by Poncho450
Some folks are anti union, period. Have unions caused problems here & there or saved the job of someone who should have been fired? Sure. Have they also saved people who would have been victims of incompetent, vindictive management? Also sure. I say this as a 26 year union member before I retired from a state correctional system. I saw things work both ways more than once.
To just lump everything together and say unions are just bad in general is narrow minded. Blanket or stereotyping statements serve no good purpose. Unions brought about the 5 day, 40 hour week and the concept of overtime that many people union or non union are fond of.
Ford can't get parts. Neither can GM or Chrysler (or whatever their corporate name is today). That's the bottom line.
I already said I was wrong, I never said it was anything but an idea. I never said I was anti union.....

Old 03-06-2022 | 04:15 AM
RGrew176
Tuned
Originally Posted by jkclark
I work at Ford and I’m UAW. Our contact is online for anyone to review. There is language in there for overtime needs, including 7 days 12 hours a day mandatory. The UAW is in no way the problem, we don’t make chips. The UAW would is not in any way going to shut down or strike. As far as hiring, Ford was doing a lot of hiring, that has paused because of part shortages. Before making statements your unsure of, do some research. Cause I’m not going to just make a blank statement, that you are an over educated idiot. Or born into money and never had to work. Cause I don’t know you.
Joe
Thanks for setting the record straight but he was just expressing his belief wrong as it was. Me, 35 years at ford 23 hourly and the last 12 salary so I played on both sides of the fence. Some work rules are set in the national contract others are set in the local agreements. I don't need to state where I was employed but the work rules allowed them to schedule mandatory daily overtime. I spent a lot of time working mandatory 9, to 12 hour shifts. Truth is most people where I worked loved the overtime and took all they could get myself included. It's hard to turn down time and a half and double time.

The following 5 users liked this post by RGrew176:
Old 03-06-2022 | 07:24 AM
Poncho450
Lead Driver
You wouldn't have to say anything like that, Joe. I've never been in a union, so I've always had to work. If you'd like to know what work is come on up to North Dakota and drill some oil wells with me.

I already said I was wrong, I never said it was anything but an idea. I never said I was anti union.....
It was a general statement of how some think. It wasn't directed at you specifically. Notice that I didn't quote you at that time. 2 side to every coin.
But your above quote insinuates that union people don't work.

The following 2 users liked this post by Poncho450:
Old 03-06-2022 | 08:05 AM
jkclark
5th Wheeling
Need to support American jobs regardless

Wow, you just won’t stop. So union workers don’t work and you do. That’s amazing, I come from family union coal miners. Not sure if you ever watch any videos of coal mining. Not sure if you every assembled a car at 108 degrees. I have no doubt drilling holes where your at is hard work. I come from being self employed contractor, and I still do replacement windows and doors on the side. I’ve never been afraid to use my hands and make money. Get out more, maybe you will meet one of us lazy a$$ union factory rats. Might find out we are just proud Americans that support American jobs. Including yours!!!! Have a great day no reason to argue anymore.

Kinda blamed the union

Old 03-06-2022 | 08:08 AM
jkclark
5th Wheeling
Originally Posted by RGrew176
Thanks for setting the record straight but he was just expressing his belief wrong as it was. Me, 35 years at ford 23 hourly and the last 12 salary so I played on both sides of the fence. Some work rules are set in the national contract others are set in the local agreements. I don't need to state where I was employed but the work rules allowed them to schedule mandatory daily overtime. I spent a lot of time working mandatory 9, to 12 hour shifts. Truth is most people where I worked loved the overtime and took all they could get myself included. It's hard to turn down time and a half and double time.
I worked in Atlanta, Batavia and now at Sharonville. Have 22 years in. Thank you

The following users liked this post:
Old 03-06-2022 | 09:29 AM
George C
Cargo Master
All of the whiners here should be embarrassed. I’m embarrassed for you.
Look around the world people….

Old 03-06-2022 | 09:34 AM
BSHORT
Cargo Master
For those on here that work at Ford, you should be embarrassed by the garbage being turned out of your facilities.

Old 03-06-2022 | 10:17 AM
George C
Cargo Master
For all of those who work at Ford, you should be proud of the amazing products you produce!
I’ll be ordering two more SD trucks in 23’.

First and current.

The following 4 users liked this post by George C:
Old 03-06-2022 | 10:41 AM
Rdrcr
Tuned

All I can say is that it was worth the 6 month wait.
I’m very pleased with my ‘22 SD.

Mike

Old 03-06-2022 | 10:57 AM
C12H24
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by BSHORT
For those on here that work at Ford, you should be embarrassed by the garbage being turned out of your facilities.
The workers produce to the standard set by management. They are not freelancing. If quality is down across the board, there has to be a reason for it. Quality comes up when that becomes management's focus. Can workers themselves screw things up? Sure. But that is what the quality control monitor is for. And if that person is screwing up, then shoddy work gets out the door. How a shoddy product gets to delivery and no one notices is one I have no answer for. We all behave to a standard no matter where we are. It does make you wonder. And this is in jest only; As Homer Simpson famously said: If you have a job you don't like, then half *** it. It's the American way.

The following 2 users liked this post by C12H24:
Old 03-06-2022 | 12:11 PM
AtlasBlue350
Mountain Pass
Club FTE Gold Member
Originally Posted by BSHORT
Wow, that is pretty harsh. I've had my F-350 Lariat SD about 3 weeks now and happy with it so far. Fit and finish was good, no problems with functionality. Granted, I don't make judgements based on only having it a short time. Once I've owned it for a year or two towing the 5th wheel, then I can make a more informed opinion on how the truck is performing. But so far I'm impressed, and the wife is happy, and you know what they say about happy wifes

Old 03-07-2022 | 11:12 AM
archer75
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by William Owens
I wonder if this is due to the Covid spike in January, and if the chip supplier had to reduce capacity or shut down for a bit due to limited staff. Seems a slowdown on chips in Jan/Fed, would probably hit about now.
No. I work in semiconductors and we make chips for automotive. During the entire pandemic we never shutdown. We never slowed down. In fact we've been shipping more chips than ever before. We stay open 24/7 regardless(aside from christmas).

Quick Reply: WTH is going on at Ford