2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

F450 Lift Kit Questions (2019 Platimum)

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2021, 08:06 PM
VernyF450
5th Wheeling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It’s a 6” block not 4.5”. 4.5” in the front, so that gives me a 1.5” rake in the back. I still have time to up it but what is the faculties rake? 2”?

Old 07-14-2021, 08:52 PM
speakerfritz
Hotshot
Received 1,145 Likes on 886 Posts
4.5 in the front so you will need pinion arm relocation and track bar relocation brackets

seems like a lot for a off road vehicle.

Old 07-14-2021, 08:55 PM
VernyF450
5th Wheeling
I believe that all comes in the kit.

Old 07-15-2021, 08:25 AM
speakerfritz
Hotshot
Originally Posted by VernyF450
Decision has been made! Money has been spent - with more money to be spent ! First a big thank you and call out to three guys here who have been so patient and helpful: Compression-Ignition, island8, and speakerfritz.

I think I have pieces of all of the advice in what I am doing. Invoice is below, but it does not include the custom block because I need to send a pic of my rear springs as they wanted to know if I had upper overload springs (??). So I am going to send a picture and then that will be an additional $400, supposedly no up-charge from PMF who makes it, but that includes the U-bolts, the bump stops etc. So I think this is the only area I am out of the guidance as Island8 recommended not doing a big block in the back (6"). This will keep a 1.5-2.0" rake which should level out with my camper on it and perhaps I can avoid air bags. I also like the aggressive look of a slight rake as well. So, for $400 I can make a future decision on the rear suspension. I did not increase the wheels to 24" and am just sticking with the 22" (not sure I can even change my order at this point) and am planning to go with 37". The last item is the steering stabilizer, and I do plan to get that, it doesn't look like PMF or CJC offer one on their website for the F-450 so am going to ask CJC when I email the pic of the springs. They said it was a 4-6 week lead time, which I was suprised it wasn't longer, but where they are really behind is in their custom radius arms. So since I am not doing that now I am good. When I get this done I will post it all and hopefully help my fellow F-450 friends navigate this ocean of options. Thanks again.

the kit doesnt look like it includes the trac bar drop bracket. about 175 as a seperate item. with out it...your axle will be about 1 inch to the left. the relocation bracket puts it back where it should be.

also, once you do this kit, your steering wheel will be about 1/3 of a turn off.......I currently have this issue...looking into either a steering arm drop or a track bar extension. youtube says just turn the locking collar until the steering wheel is back center...but...not sure how much threads are avail.

at 4.5 you should check with PMF about transfer case drop bracket...especially if you will be off roading with extreme extensions.

let me know what you do about the steering correction....steering arm drop, track bar extension, or just adjust the collar. im still deciding.

also, rear replacement blocks should be tapered. PMF sells tapered and non tapered as an example.

you may need summo springs instead of bumpstops

when done measure your front sway bar from inside edge after the turn to the nearest bolt. mine are about 3" on both sides now....BUT..I had to go back in and loosen the sway bar bracket bolts and bang the bar with a 3lb rubber mallet until both sides were the same.....then tighten them down. if you have a 1/2 inch difference on your measure ments...your tire will rub on the side that is greater. simple thing to check and fix.

agree on the 22.5's instead of the 24's. look for a high rim rating for the rims. look for high ply tires (16 ply) and mixed use threads or off road threads.

on the rims, if they are polished on both sides, you can rotate front to back. the inners can be rotated using the spare.

use a PVC gasket inbetween the rims and hubs on the front, and a PVC gasket between rear inners and hub and rear steel and rear aluminum....6 PVC gaskets in total..this will prevent corrosion rings on your rims...makes it easire to rotate.

spray the inside steels on both side with a thin coat of fluid film, then spray both insides of the rear and front rims with fluid film....this will prevent pitting due to mositure and brake dust.

keep up posted.

Amazon Amazon

Amazon Amazon

im probally going to go with this pitman arm if I can confirm it will fit. I dont want to use the turn the turn collar method and reduce the number of engaged threads.

Amazon Amazon

just posting this misc info...in case its helpful.

Old 07-15-2021, 01:50 PM
VernyF450
5th Wheeling
Thanks so much. I still need to send in my pic of my rear springs so I am going to summarize your recommendations into bullets and ask Paul to respond to these questions. I am getting this done at a local shop (have 2 I have requested quotes from) so want them to have everything they need when I take it in given the supply chain issues. Also need to nail down my steering stabilizer yet. I will keep you posted!

Old 07-15-2021, 02:23 PM
speakerfritz
Hotshot
You should buy the pvc gaskets and hand them over to them.

believe me when I say cleaning the corrosion from dissimilar metals is a pia when trying to rotate tires .

also prevents you needed if a sledge hammer to remove a rear tire.

The following users liked this post:
Old 12-16-2021, 09:58 PM
url
Tuned
Received 99 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by island8

Carli pintop leveling kit, rear 7500 airlift airbags & 265/70/19.5 toyo 608's. Once the rims get in going with 37 toyo's. I would think twice about putting a 4-6" lift on especially if you use/tow with it.
I'm about to order my 2022 F450 and came across this thread and your picture. Just wanted to complement you on this stance and appearance. Later in this thread you mentioned towing heavy, but those 265s look like their on the stock 19.5" wheels -- aren't the factory wheels too narrow to run the 265s safely at capacity?

Old 12-17-2021, 10:02 AM
speakerfritz
Hotshot
Originally Posted by url
I'm about to order my 2022 F450 and came across this thread and your picture. Just wanted to complement you on this stance and appearance. Later in this thread you mentioned towing heavy, but those 265s look like their on the stock 19.5" wheels -- aren't the factory wheels too narrow to run the 265s safely at capacity?

aside from the flying off the rim theories , larger size tires than the rim is rated for will at least increase tire center area wear due to bowing .

different tire manufactures have different tire/wheel combo recommendations and it may not be impossible to find a 265 tire rated for stock width rims.

Old 12-18-2021, 10:53 AM
url
Tuned
Received 99 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by speakerfritz
aside from the flying off the rim theories , larger size tires than the rim is rated for will at least increase tire center area wear due to bowing .

different tire manufactures have different tire/wheel combo recommendations and it may not be impossible to find a 265 tire rated for stock width rims.
Makes sense. So ideally I'd want to find a 19.5 a little wider. I like the factory look -- maybe Aloca makes one wide enough for the 265/70?

Old 12-18-2021, 11:32 AM
speakerfritz
Hotshot
Originally Posted by url
Makes sense. So ideally I'd want to find a 19.5 a little wider. I like the factory look -- maybe Aloca makes one wide enough for the 265/70?
some folks are just after the wide look….so results will vary.

you also have to look at the weight rating of the new wider rim.

i went down this path and either could not find what I wanted or got zero response from manufacturers that could produce a wider 19.5 10 bolt rim .

i wound up with buytruckwheels bolt on 22.5 10 bolt rims which at 6.75 wide supported toyo 37”’s. Rated at 6000lb each.255/70r22.5

the cost for the tire and wheel package was less than the potential cost of “the perfect solution rim”.

Old 03-06-2022, 08:43 PM
fergi450
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by island8

Carli pintop leveling kit, rear 7500 airlift airbags & 265/70/19.5 toyo 608's. Once the rims get in going with 37 toyo's. I would think twice about putting a 4-6" lift on especially if you use/tow with it.
do you love it. I am having a guy do it down near riverside.

Old 07-11-2022, 01:42 PM
Bajabum85
6th Gear
I'm looking at the Styker 4.5" 4 link lift kit. This seems a very expensive way to go though. Almost $6k when you add shocks and steering stabilizer. I am going to run 24" wheels (on order already) and 37" tires.

I did a forum search and did not see any reviews/feedback on Stryker. There are less options out there for F-450 lift kits than the other Super Duty's. Seems that some just put a leveling kit on the front and call it a day, but I would like a little more height. I have a truck camper though and tow a 1,000lb tongue weight BBQ trailer as well, so if I put a level kit on it I will squat when loaded. Right now it squats to level when I load it with camper and trailer. So if I did the leveling kit I assume I'd need air bags in the bag when loaded to level it out.I also would not want to go any higher than 4".

Am I missing something? Is there a better way? I also want a decent (not great) ride. I'm hoping a 4 link would improve the ride some. I am not going the Keldermen route. Expensive and air systems need maintenance from time to time especially in the salt and ice road conditions of the north.

Hoping for some advice and recommendations from the experts! Thank you!

what is the tire and wheel specs on this setup? Looks like factory wheels with rear spacers? I’m assuming probably had poor tire wear if that’s the factory wheel. Thank you

Old 07-11-2022, 05:10 PM
VernyF450
5th Wheeling
You are exactly right. Factory wheels with a Bora spacer. Here is the finished truck. 22” wheels with 38” AMP tires (pandemic supply issues but I do like them!).

Old 07-11-2022, 05:35 PM
Bajabum85
6th Gear
You are exactly right. Factory wheels with a Bora spacer. Here is the finished truck. 22” wheels with 38” AMP tires (pandemic supply issues but I do like them!).

that new setup looks amazing! I really would love to make it work with your original setup . What was the tire size? and did you have any bad experience with running it ? We’re spacers a must too?

thank you for your help !!

Last edited by Bajabum85; 07-11-2022 at 05:39 PM.
Old 07-11-2022, 06:11 PM
VernyF450
5th Wheeling
More than happy to share everything I did on this truck. I love how it turned out and am very happy with the drive quality. Tires: 22” x 38” x 12.5” and no spacers, direct bolt on. Wheels are from JK Motorsports and they cut them there. There are the diamond pattern in black. Spike lug covers.

Quick Reply: F450 Lift Kit Questions (2019 Platimum)