1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Z31freakify a new Super Duty owner? Or maybe not?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2021 | 08:09 PM
z31freakify
|
Hotshot
Getting **** done at work with the Stupid Duty

no a very heavy load but heavy non less right around 10k. Truck did ok, and I say OK because I couldn't stretch it's legs in city traffic.

The following 2 users liked this post by z31freakify:
Old 11-08-2021 | 07:58 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Nice of your wife to let you borrow the SD to get "**** done"...

Old look vs new look below... The tow bar delete is a nice touch...

The following users liked this post:
Old 11-08-2021 | 08:42 AM
z31freakify
|
Hotshot
Man look at that ugly *** light bar, and those ugly burnt head lights yuk!!! wife now wants some stone crusher wheels like my OBS, well see.

Although not stone cruchers wheels, she did like how this truck looked as did I.

​​​​​​​

Old 11-09-2021 | 08:41 AM
z31freakify
|
Hotshot
Also installed a new OEM driver side HPOP line with new fittings, factory hose look a little wet, next will he the passenger side as well. Sorry for the low light pics it was dark and was only using the phone flash light, and got er done.

Old 11-09-2021 | 08:52 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Adam, if I may be so nosey to ask... Why did you select an OEM (updated) style hose instead of one of the aftermarket flavors that are very common? I too selected updated OEM hoses with new fittings for the HPOP and heads a few years ago, but I only went that route because I felt the outdated/old OEM hoses did a great job for over 200,000 miles, the updated/new hoses will be just fine and they have been great.

I realize some people don't like the "quick connect" style that OEM utilizes, but I found no issues with the old or new quick connects. Just curious if there is a reason or if it perhaps it is as simple as the cheapest and quickest way to resolve the issue with reliability in mind.

Old 11-09-2021 | 09:05 AM
z31freakify
|
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Sous
Adam, if I may be so nosey to ask... Why did you select an OEM (updated) style hose instead of one of the aftermarket flavors that are very common? I too selected updated OEM hoses with new fittings for the HPOP and heads a few years ago, but I only went that route because I felt the outdated/old OEM hoses did a great job for over 200,000 miles, the updated/new hoses will be just fine and they have been great.
I have new lines and fittings in my parts bin so no need to spend on some fancy ones, that I have no clue what their track record is.

I realize some people don't like the "quick connect" style that OEM utilizes, but I found no issues with the old or new quick connects. Just curious if there is a reason or if it perhaps it is as simple as the cheapest and quickest way to resolve the issue with reliability in mind.
Like you I went for reliability and if the factory lines lasted this long, why re-invent the wheel with "unknown" HPOP lines, keep it simple, the factory braided lines lasted 465k in the case of my stupid duty as far as I know why not go factory again?

Old 11-09-2021 | 09:12 AM
KubotaOrange76
Its Comin Right for us!
Club FTE Gold Member
I went with those as well, I like the fact you can maneuver them, without loosening, when fiddling in the valley.

Old 11-09-2021 | 10:29 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by z31freakify
Like you I went for reliability and if the factory lines lasted this long, why re-invent the wheel with "unknown" HPOP lines, keep it simple, the factory braided lines lasted 465k in the case of my stupid duty as far as I know why not go factory again?
Thank you sir. I appreciate your explanation and consideration of the options you had when you selected the OEM style hoses.

Originally Posted by KubotaOrange76
I went with those as well, I like the fact you can maneuver them, without loosening, when fiddling in the valley.
Good point Chris and one I had not thought of. Now that I look back to when I was installing the T4 kit, I realize I was in fact moving the the hoses a bit in order to "create more room".

Old 11-11-2021 | 07:35 PM
z31freakify
|
Hotshot
Destroyed rear axel bearing on passenger, side no noise, no sign of nothing, nada, ni madres. Just gave out, thankfully the caliper bracket held the hub/tire from coming out, wife caught it in time.
So I'm installing used parts from an axel I have.
I'll post pics tomorrow when I go down town on it.

Old 11-12-2021 | 07:18 AM
FordTruckNoob
Identifies as He/Him/Noob
Club FTE Gold Member
Destroyed rear axel bearing on passenger, side no noise, no sign of nothing, nada, ni madres. Just gave out, thankfully the caliper bracket held the hub/tire from coming out, wife caught it in time.
So I'm installing used parts from an axel I have.
I'll post pics tomorrow when I go down town on it.
Oooh, sorry to hear that. This is the part of buying new-to-me vehicles that I hate: waiting for the next part to break until everything has been replaced by me personally.

The following 2 users liked this post by FordTruckNoob:
Old 11-12-2021 | 08:08 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Good to hear she was able to identify there was an issue before it became a "real" issue and safety was at stake.

Old 11-12-2021 | 08:42 AM
F350towing
Works Hard/ Plays Hard
Club FTE Silver Member
Off topic but

Is that a load of Georgia Pacific Densdeck prime your hauling there. That green facer on the gypsum looks really familiar.

Been following along and man what a transformation. I bet the old owner could park right beside it and not recognize his old truck.

Old 11-12-2021 | 04:51 PM
z31freakify
|
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Sous
Good to hear she was able to identify there was an issue before it became a "real" issue and safety was at stake.
Great chick, glad she caught it in time.
Originally Posted by F350towing
Off topic but

Is that a load of Georgia Pacific Densdeck prime your hauling there. That green facer on the gypsum looks really familiar.

Been following along and man what a transformation. I bet the old owner could park right beside it and not recognize his old truck.
Yes it is, we were scavenging all over town for it, very hard to source **** now days.

and I haven't even touched the surface yet, still need to do some PM, on her then comes the asthetics and mechanical goodies, (rebuild engine, rebuild injectors, re upholster seats,, new wheels, new tail lights, and maybe and that's a big maybe lift the truck some.

Old 11-12-2021 | 04:52 PM
z31freakify
|
Hotshot
You fellas want to trip out? check this short out.

Old 11-12-2021 | 04:57 PM
FordTruckNoob
Identifies as He/Him/Noob
Club FTE Gold Member
You fellas whant to trip put check this short out.
https://youtube.com/shorts/unZS3q2nCwo?feature=share
Terrain Adaptive Bearings (TAB). It’s the latest technology. You lucky so-n-so.

Quick Reply: Z31freakify a new Super Duty owner? Or maybe not?