120 hp cummins in a Jailbar Pickup

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2022 | 10:07 PM
GB SISSON
|
Lead Driver
Club FTE Gold Member
Wow Mr Tinman! (Is it Scott?) Been a long time! The seat from the truck we parted out in Montana is living on in the cab of the green tonner. The front clip is on the tonner panel, which I sold last year. It was one of those vehicles that was way more fun to look at than drive. Such poor visibility to the rear. Pretty much have my hands full taking care of the fleet as it is. That was really fun spending the day with you those many years ago. Hope you aredoing well. Is your cabover all done and hauling stuff around?

Old 11-27-2022 | 09:54 PM
tinman52
Welder User
Club FTE Silver Member
Originally Posted by GB SISSON
Wow Mr Tinman! (Is it Scott?) Been a long time! The seat from the truck we parted out in Montana is living on in the cab of the green tonner. The front clip is on the tonner panel, which I sold last year. It was one of those vehicles that was way more fun to look at than drive. Such poor visibility to the rear. Pretty much have my hands full taking care of the fleet as it is. That was really fun spending the day with you those many years ago. Hope you aredoing well. Is your cabover all done and hauling stuff around?
Yes my COE is done and hauling stuff. Flatbeds are Sooo handy!

The following 5 users liked this post by tinman52:
Old 11-27-2022 | 10:50 PM
51504BAT
More Turbo
Originally Posted by tinman52

And nice looking N series in the background as well.

Old 11-27-2022 | 11:03 PM
GB SISSON
|
Lead Driver
Club FTE Gold Member
Superb patina job too! Did you use regular old green gloss and just park it in the Montana sun for the last six years? Or did you paint it with a flat green paint? That's on a GM one ton chassis, correct?

Old 12-11-2022 | 07:53 PM
SumDayDryvr
Mountain Pass
GB, always good to see your imagination and the results from your hands, and tinman glad to see you are still working your magic.
Both of you keep up the good work.

Old 12-15-2022 | 11:02 PM
52 Merc
Hotshot
Originally Posted by tinman52

Your truck turned out great, Scott! Good to see you around.

Old 12-15-2022 | 11:40 PM
GB SISSON
|
Lead Driver
Club FTE Gold Member
It's fun to 'see' all you guys again. I like to get creative, but I stay for the most part in the spirit of old work trucks with a stock (if not a bit lifted) stance. I got sort of put off when a lot of threads featured trucks that look like all the unimaginative cookie cutter bagged/4 link/LS motor? 22" wheels with a wide o-ring for a tire. Good luck getting snow chains on them puppies. I finally was able to get logged onto my youtube channel after 2 years or so. One of my son's friends was visiting and he works for face book.... I just had to get him to help with it. Turns out I had a google email account and had to dredge it up from the far reaches of the interweb and Voila! Sooo, I put up a couple of videos that were on my desktop just to test it out. The channel is 'garymtpickett'. There is one new one with the red tonner idling, and another one of driving the foyota. Lots of wind noise, had the windshield frame built but no glass or plexi installed. I hope to make and post an infprmative video of all four of these trucks and their features. If someone can post a link to these 2 new additions, please do. And... In closing, last summer I loaned the cummins truck to a couple of young brothers, that are musicians, for a professional music video produced here on the island. It is a very nice piece of work and all involved said the tonner was a Star for sure. And a 16 and 18 year old kid that drove it perfectly! Youtube ( 'Brograss, Summer's End' ) They cover a John Prine song.

The following 2 users liked this post by GB SISSON:
Old 12-16-2022 | 06:32 AM
52 Merc
Hotshot
The following 2 users liked this post by 52 Merc:
Old 12-16-2022 | 07:26 AM
GB SISSON
|
Lead Driver
Club FTE Gold Member
Dangit Wayne, That's really nice of you! With all these up at once, folks are gonna need a whole tub of popcorn to get through all of them. Thanks much!

Old 01-29-2023 | 10:51 AM
jmadsen
Logistics Pro
Club FTE Silver Member
Awesome project Gary,. Havent really been on the site for a while. Love seeing your projects and collection. Your Creativity is amazing and inspiring. Havent watched all the videos yet but will make some popcorn when my wife has some time to watch them with me. She was utterly amazed at your woody build!

Old 01-31-2023 | 12:20 AM
GB SISSON
|
Lead Driver
Club FTE Gold Member
Thank you for the kind words! Since I started this post I have the woodie wagon video posted and just last week I posted part one of the only 'Half-breed Toyota landcruiser/ford roadster pickup/ hillbilly frankenjalopy' known to exist. I shortened the name for the video. Hoping to do part two with the next stretch of good weather.

Old 02-01-2023 | 07:07 PM
FireEngineMike
Tuned
Jim, The PO of my fire engine patched the driver side floor with two road signs.
Gary, thanks for posting your Youtube channel. I subscribed and will likely binge watch one of these cold dark winter nights with a tub of popcorn. Amazing work and creativity!
FireEngineMike

Last edited by FireEngineMike; 02-01-2023 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Add
Old 02-16-2023 | 06:31 PM
marksonofray
6th Gear
Hey! Fellow Sisson here

Hello GB, My name is Mark Sisson. I'm in Colorado and saw your handle and had to say hello!
I do have a question that you may be able to answer though.
I've got a '42 Ford truck (just learned they are called jailbar though).
I'm having trouble finding window regulators for it. Found some for a '42 car, but don't know if they will work. Can you enlighten me?
Also, wondering if we're related!
I've got family in N. California, but apparently come from Arkansas and Virginia stock some time ago.
Thanks!

Old 02-16-2023 | 06:40 PM
51504BAT
More Turbo
First. Welcome aboard. Second, pictures. We like pictures. And finally about the window regulators. Not sure if car ones are the same but I doubt it. A couple of sources you can try,
Fred at Southside Obsolete
SOUTHSIDE OBSOLETE – Your Site For Obsolete Ford Parts
or
Chuck at Chucks Trucks, LLC
Chucks Trucks LLC., Ford Truck Parts and Restoration, Chuck's Trucks, Chucks Trucks

Old 02-16-2023 | 06:56 PM
marksonofray
6th Gear
Thank you for the welcome! And thanks for the tip!
I will send pics next time (after I take a few)

Quick Reply: 120 hp cummins in a Jailbar Pickup