General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

if you survive covid - any plans?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2020, 12:29 AM
tbm3fan
Cargo Master
Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by JWA
I've heard the REAL death rate from COVID as the only cause is just about 6% of these 275,000 or so far reported---the underlying causes too often not included in the numbers.

That's not to say its not serious but so many of the numbers and "facts" are just not representative of how this virus affects the general population.
No, that 6% is a false claim. The death certificate must list the immediate proximate cause of death. Doesn't matter if you have COPD, or diabetes, Crohn's, Lupis, HBP, end stage renal disease, dementia,or a terminal brain tumor with one year to live. None of those would have caused the immediate death of the person at that time so they cannot be listed as cause of death. Think of six months to live so you blow your brains out. Is your death due to cancer or suicide? It is listed suicide consequently Covid is the immediate cause of death as listed by the attending physician before being sent onto the state. If they didn't contract Covid they would still be alive at that time. Deal with enough seniors, read their medical history, and then learn about their death you will quickly see what I mean. Many have co-morbidities that they could have and were living with but contracting Covid was their "direct cause" of death. Another way of saying it is that Covid was the underlying cause that started the chain of events that ultimately lead to the patient's death.

Another clue is to look back over historical data concerning deaths over say the last decade. This year 2020, is so far 200,000 above the expected numbers based on historical data. Now if it isn't Covid, which is pretty obvious to most, then one needs to come up with another medical explanation for why there is 200,000 more deaths. I've seen lots of cheap talk but nothing that presented a sound medical scientific reason.

Old 12-12-2020, 07:24 AM
JWA
Fleet Owner

Received 1,481 Likes on 1,172 Posts
Originally Posted by tbm3fan
No, that 6% is a false claim.
So you're saying we have yet another false or minimally unreliable number?

Originally Posted by tbm3fan
Another clue is to look back over historical data concerning deaths over say the last decade. This year 2020, is so far 200,000 above the expected numbers based on historical data. Now if it isn't Covid, which is pretty obvious to most, then one needs to come up with another medical explanation for why there is 200,000 more deaths. I've seen lots of cheap talk but nothing that presented a sound medical scientific reason.

Yeah I agree with the lack of anything trustworthy in any sort of scientific way. I'll agree COVID being added to a mix of underlying existing conditions that already tax the body's immunne system could contribute to a death. Someone teetering on the edge of surviving without having contracted any virus can't be listed as a COVID death by itself and yet that doesn't seem to be represented in the numbers we're feed through the media.

I do say if you're concerned about contracting COVID by all means do whatever you can to personally protect yourself. I'm in the higher at-risk age group (65+), in fairly good health without any ailments that tend to afflict people my age. I've never smoked, stopped drinking almost 30+ years ago, never indulged in "recreational pharmaceuticals" and currently on no prescribed medications. Knowing I tend to recover from most more common things like colds etc I"m somewhat certain even if I did catch COVID I'd not be in too much jeopardy.

Old 01-09-2021, 03:53 PM
troposcatter
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Covid 19

My wife caught covid 19, had just about all the symtoms, the place she was working for paid for all the employees tests but they didn't want to test me because I didn't have the symtoms. A few months later my doctor did a full physical on me including testing for antibodies and I was positive. My doctor told me I more than likely had it about the same time as my wife and since I didn't know I had it probably spread it around. This was all back before quarantine and masks.

Old 01-09-2021, 07:25 PM
Gomerpyle
Hotshot
Received 2,711 Likes on 1,321 Posts
I have one year of work left before I retire. Hopefully I'll survive that & then I'll forever enjoy myself!! Covid or not!

Old 01-10-2021, 07:43 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,712 Likes on 2,589 Posts
i had corona march of last year. i thought it was a cold.
found out a month later when i had blood work done and they found antibodies.
they tested me wednesday because they think i have it again.
i think i have a bad sinus infection.

Old 01-10-2021, 10:58 AM
BowtieConvert
Lead Driver
Received 2,987 Likes on 908 Posts
Originally Posted by tjc transport
i had corona march of last year. i thought it was a cold.
found out a month later when i had blood work done and they found antibodies.
they tested me wednesday because they think i have it again.
i think i have a bad sinus infection.
Pretty sure we all had it before it was a thing. Me, my daughter, and son all work together and we have literally hundreds of people through our facility weekly. My wife watches the grand kids and they are real young and in kindergarten and first grade so we know they bring home all kinds of germs. No one had to go to the hospital and we all got over it. So far, so good. We were deemed necessary business by the gub-mint so we haven't had to close down at all. Hopefully we can get everybody back to work. The closing down of businesses is bs. IMO.