2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

2021 Ford Super Duty Order Tracking Thread. Please NO Off Topic

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2020, 03:17 PM
Killer-Bimmer
More Turbo
Received 87 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by Lfr5007
Finally got a VIN from my dealer today for my 2021 F250 Lariat CCSB 6.7 in Antimatter Blue with Black Appearance pkg and High Capacity trailer tow w/ all the cameras. Ordered 11/2 and scheduled to be built 1/18. This wait will be the death of me.

I checked the build on the shop ford site but it doesn't seem to list the HCTT package. Anyone experience this?
Your build date seems to be about what it’s been taking. I ordered 9.30 and built 11.18.

If you haven’t had them do already have your dealer print out the DORA sheet... this will list everything ordered, if the option you want is on that then you won’t get it.

and congrats on your order!

Old 12-09-2020, 03:46 PM
OffBalance
Elder User
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ScrewStang
Thanks - I did that, and everything is correct. I'm really interested in the extra things that I should be able to see/do from my personal page that it seems like the dealership needs to get me:

7. Your private page has options to review your build, and download pictures, owner's manuals, spec sheets, etc. There is also a button "Change my Build" that is available until your order can no longer be updated. There is a button to contact the dealer at any time with questions.
8. Your private status page shows that the order is at the dealer awaiting allocation. Then that the order is accepted.
9. When the VIN is available, it shows up on the status page.
10. When the order is sent to the factory your window sticker button is now clickable. The whole time, it shows any parts on backorder preventing the build.
11. When your truck is being built, you can watch it on a webcam.
12. You get an email with a truck birthday card as it rolls off the assembly line.
13. You get rail tracking numbers. Or, better yet, a live map of where your truck is.
14. Finally, when it is fully prepped by the dealer, you get updated online, and of course, your dealer will call!
15. Since you Special Ordered a vehicle, it is on a rotating turntable when you arrive at the dealership, with a bottle of champagne on the hood.
I'm sorry, I think I may have mis-led you. That list was my idea of what Ford SHOULD do. Not what they DO do.

Old 12-09-2020, 05:19 PM
ScrewStang
Freshman User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by OffBalance
I'm sorry, I think I may have mis-led you. That list was my idea of what Ford SHOULD do. Not what they DO do.

OOOOOHHHHH - Gotcha. Then that sucks, but I completely agree with you! LOL

Old 12-09-2020, 05:58 PM
usedboxman
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy
Hummmmmmmm ...... Mine was ordered 12 days later.......
I would like to know where the build dates are coming from? Dealer? I called mine today for a build date & they still have no idea.... or they know & don't want for me to hold them to it....
I would be ecstatic just to see "In production " on the tracking website at this point.

Old 12-09-2020, 08:31 PM
AerostarTrailHiker
Senior User
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Dealer should have the build week (at least) assuming the VIN number was issued.

You can get a good idea of the build week by identifying the week the VIN number was issued. Once you have that, head over to Blue Oval forum and look at Ice-Capades' order page. Find the week your VIN was issued and the chart will detail the planned build week for all products including Super Duty. Obviously, it can shift due to part issues or Covid.

When I used that process with mine, it was dead nuts on. My VIN was issued a couple days after the order was submitted. The chart said the truck would be in production the week of Dec 7th The sticker popped up Dec 4. The next day, the dealer let me know the expected build date was Dec 12.

Good luck!

VIN: 1FT8W3BN7MEXXXXXX
Order ID: M001
Customer: XXXXXXXXXXX
Vehicle: 2021 Ford F350 7.3L XLT CC 4x4
Order Receipt Date: 2020-10-20 ( It was in the system a couple days after I submitted the order. VIN appeared same week.)
Priority: 20
Production Date: Est 12/12 per Dealer. Window Sticker appeared 12/4!
Status on Ford Website: In Production

Shipment Date:
Days in Transit (Estimated):
Final Delivered Date (Estimated):
Final Delivered Date (Actual):Status:

Old 12-09-2020, 08:32 PM
1stOne
New User
Originally Posted by usedboxman
I would like to know where the build dates are coming from? Dealer? I called mine today for a build date & they still have no idea.... or they know & don't want for me to hold them to it....
I would be ecstatic just to see "In production " on the tracking website at this point.
Dealer called me on 12/8 with vin# and a build date of 1/18. Place order on 11/27. The Ford tracking has it in the first stage as order confirmed not sure how that makes any sense because it says next step is to get a vin “already have it” and next gets placed in a production date “already have that also from dealer”. Going by what Ford’s site says once you have a vin you also should have a production date. Well we have a vin that’s how we started the tracking process. Makes no sense! But this is my first build.

Old 12-09-2020, 08:35 PM
AerostarTrailHiker
Senior User
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
If your build date is scheduled for 1/18, my guess is that the sticker will appear approx 7-8 days before. The status will shift to "In Production" at that time.

Old 12-09-2020, 08:53 PM
GNR22
Logistics Pro
Received 526 Likes on 347 Posts
Originally Posted by Killer-Bimmer
Very nice @GNR22 our trucks shipped the same time, know you’re closer to the plant. I got update from dealer that mines made it to Whitefish, MT so another 525miles to go🕺

I’m very curious how you like the Antimatter Blue....

Enjoy the truck!!!
I just got back from looking at it. It's dark out so I couldn't take any pictures that didn't look just black, but my first impressions are WOW. It looks better than I expected. Very dark. There is a lot of metal flake in the paint. The dealer hasn't even called me to let me know that it's arrived yet and nobody was there when I went to look at it. Nobody has touched the truck since it was dropped off from the looks of it. The rail dust is THICK on it. Looks like it rode through a sand storm. The window sticker also looks like it was torn off the passenger window by a velociraptor which I was kind of disappointed by. I have the original window stickers from the last 2 new vehicles that I bought. I like to keep them. I'm expecting to pick the truck up Monday of next week at the latest.

Old 12-09-2020, 09:38 PM
1stOne
New User
Originally Posted by AerostarTrailHiker
If your build date is scheduled for 1/18, my guess is that the sticker will appear approx 7-8 days before. The status will shift to "In Production" at that time.
ok, thanks for the info

Old 12-09-2020, 09:45 PM
Lfr5007
5th Wheeling
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Killer-Bimmer
Your build date seems to be about what it’s been taking. I ordered 9.30 and built 11.18.

If you haven’t had them do already have your dealer print out the DORA sheet... this will list everything ordered, if the option you want is on that then you won’t get it.

and congrats on your order!
Thanks! excited to get into a Super Duty and my first diesel truck. I have not had a chance to get the DORA sheet yet from my dealer as the order was originally wrong and needed corrected after I reviewed the 2021 order guide. Someone posted above about using your VIN and the Shop Ford address then decoding it with another link. I did that and the HCTT package does show up there so I am more relaxed now.

Old 12-09-2020, 10:40 PM
Killer-Bimmer
More Turbo
Originally Posted by GNR22
I just got back from looking at it. It's dark out so I couldn't take any pictures that didn't look just black, but my first impressions are WOW. It looks better than I expected. Very dark. There is a lot of metal flake in the paint. The dealer hasn't even called me to let me know that it's arrived yet and nobody was there when I went to look at it. Nobody has touched the truck since it was dropped off from the looks of it. The rail dust is THICK on it. Looks like it rode through a sand storm. The window sticker also looks like it was torn off the passenger window by a velociraptor which I was kind of disappointed by. I have the original window stickers from the last 2 new vehicles that I bought. I like to keep them. I'm expecting to pick the truck up Monday of next week at the latest.
Well I’m excited now that you said wow even in the current condition😁

That’s unfortunate in the window sticker, I save everything as well! I have a binder for all the vehicles I’ve opened and actually just assembled the binder for tiny when he arrives😁

Congrats and I would highly suggest an iron deposit remover wash. You’ll be amazed what gets pulled out! Autogeek had a 25% of sale on Saturday and just ordered a bottle (Using Griots, but there’s many others).

Can’t wait to hear what you think in day light!

Old 12-09-2020, 10:41 PM
Killer-Bimmer
More Turbo
Originally Posted by Lfr5007
Thanks! excited to get into a Super Duty and my first diesel truck. I have not had a chance to get the DORA sheet yet from my dealer as the order was originally wrong and needed corrected after I reviewed the 2021 order guide. Someone posted above about using your VIN and the Shop Ford address then decoding it with another link. I did that and the HCTT package does show up there so I am more relaxed now.
Thats good news! That anxiety gone👍

This is only my second, but it’s been years as my last was the 6.9l corn grinder.

Old 12-10-2020, 05:20 AM
usedboxman
Junior User
Originally Posted by AerostarTrailHiker
Dealer should have the build week (at least) assuming the VIN number was issued.

You can get a good idea of the build week by identifying the week the VIN number was issued. Once you have that, head over to Blue Oval forum and look at Ice-Capades' order page. Find the week your VIN was issued and the chart will detail the planned build week for all products including Super Duty. Obviously, it can shift due to part issues or Covid.

When I used that process with mine, it was dead nuts on. My VIN was issued a couple days after the order was submitted. The chart said the truck would be in production the week of Dec 7th The sticker popped up Dec 4. The next day, the dealer let me know the expected build date was Dec 12.

Good luck!

VIN: 1FT8W3BN7MEXXXXXX
Order ID: M001
Customer: XXXXXXXXXXX
Vehicle: 2021 Ford F350 7.3L XLT CC 4x4
Order Receipt Date: 2020-10-20 ( It was in the system a couple days after I submitted the order. VIN appeared same week.)
Priority: 20
Production Date: Est 12/12 per Dealer. Window Sticker appeared 12/4!
Status on Ford Website: In Production

Shipment Date:
Days in Transit (Estimated):
Final Delivered Date (Estimated):
Final Delivered Date (Actual):Status:
At this point with the lack of communication with my dealer i can't assume anything. when i call and ask i keep getting very vague answers.
All i know for sure is the order was received by ford on 10/28 and i have a vin. when the vin was actually issued who knows. Like i said the answers are very vague and not easy to get . when i called yesterday i was told they don't know when the build date is going to be and for me to keep checking the ford tracking website that i would probably know the build date before they did. Really? the sticker price for this truck is $87080.00 can you at least try to act like you are trying to make an effort to get some real answers for me. Is it that hard to push a few buttons on a computer to provide a little information. Sure if i called on a Saturday afternoon when the dealership is full of customers, you can't stop what you are doing to look up info but how busy can you be mid morning during the week?
It makes me long for the days when business is not as robust and dealers would "fight" for your business.
I'll tell you one thing i learned from this process-
If the vehicle is not already on the lot ready to be sold, MOST SALESPEOPLE AT THE DEALERS DO NOT WANT TO BE BOTHERERD WITH SPECIAL ORDERS!
it took me three dealers before i was able to get one to even sit down with me to look at the build printout from the ford website ( which i created ). never mind to get a price on my build.
Maybe I'm crazy for expecting a little "customer service"
Sorry for venting here to you all but this lack of info is Very frustrating.

Old 12-10-2020, 07:01 AM
pig9r
Senior User
Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts
At this point with the lack of communication with my dealer i can't assume anything. when i call and ask i keep getting very vague answers.
All i know for sure is the order was received by ford on 10/28 and i have a vin. when the vin was actually issued who knows. Like i said the answers are very vague and not easy to get . when i called yesterday i was told they don't know when the build date is going to be and for me to keep checking the ford tracking website that i would probably know the build date before they did. Really? the sticker price for this truck is $87080.00 can you at least try to act like you are trying to make an effort to get some real answers for me. Is it that hard to push a few buttons on a computer to provide a little information. Sure if i called on a Saturday afternoon when the dealership is full of customers, you can't stop what you are doing to look up info but how busy can you be mid morning during the week?
It makes me long for the days when business is not as robust and dealers would "fight" for your business.
If the vehicle is not already on the lot ready to be sold, MOST SALESPEOPLE AT THE DEALERS DO NOT WANT TO BE BOTHERERD WITH SPECIAL ORDERS!
it took me three dealers before i was able to get one to even sit down with me to look at the build printout from the ford website ( which i created ). never mind to get a price on my build.
Go to the sales manager, GM or owner. If the order was picked up they know the build week. Most of the guys on the sales floor aren’t even sure if they’ll be working at that dealer by the time your order comes in - they want a sale now.

Old 12-10-2020, 07:10 AM
wmcneil
Mountain Pass
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I also ordered on 10/28, and both Ford tracking website and alumizilla still show only "in order processing" status. If the schedule posted by ice capades holds, then production week for a 10/28 order is 12/14. That being the case, the window sticker would show up by the end of this week.

Quick Reply: 2021 Ford Super Duty Order Tracking Thread. Please NO Off Topic