2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Choose a Fifth Wheel Hitch

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2020, 08:23 PM
Sparatcus
Tuned
Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by jollyrogr
Ah yeah. Using the forum on a phone is annoying sometimes.
Yes it is, but I got it now,ifor those who would like to see i can almost turn 90% with my SB i have some pics that i will upload here.

Old 03-23-2020, 08:57 PM
jollyrogr
Cargo Master
Received 770 Likes on 406 Posts
Originally Posted by Sparatcus
Yes it is, but I got it now,ifor those who would like to see i can almost turn 90% with my SB i have some pics that i will upload here.
That's awesome. The 2600 superlite is my first choice right now if I can be confident it will work with most turns. I don't need to do a complete jacknife. Pullrite gooseballs are totally sold out right now though. I called them and they have made some change to their manufacturing process so hopefully they start showing up soon. I'm sure the whole Chinavirus thing isn't helping either.

Old 03-23-2020, 09:06 PM
Scoobertdoo
Mountain Pass
Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts
Yes please, all pictures are good 😃

You can turn almost 90 degrees with most new hitches these days. I can make it almost 90 with a b&w patriot because of the 4" adjustment. I think its great that there are getting to be so many choices these days instead of the slider option. Especially with the newer trailers putting in cutout's, though mine 2015 doesnt have that

Old 03-23-2020, 11:20 PM
Sparatcus
Tuned
Okay, let's see if I can do this right but here are the pics of my turn, you guys be the judge how much turn is it?

Old 03-23-2020, 11:26 PM
Sparatcus
Tuned
Oh, Oh, this is the one that I had, I do love this hitch but my wife and some of the lady in my church went to Hawaii one week and my wife call me and I had to get it out in a hurry, I would normally use my cherry picker to take it out but I didn't have the time to get it and it was late in the night. I did get it out but man it was almost a back broker so that's when I said that I need a lighter hitch, 60 lbs.

Old 03-23-2020, 11:27 PM
Scoobertdoo
Mountain Pass
Nice !!!!

It looks like its sitting pretty level too.

Old 03-23-2020, 11:34 PM
Sparatcus
Tuned
Yeah, and I was thinking that I would have to raise up the funnel part but yeah I would leave it were it is, thanks.

Old 03-23-2020, 11:41 PM
Scoobertdoo
Mountain Pass
How short is that bed?

Old 03-23-2020, 11:55 PM
Sparatcus
Tuned
It's a 6.5 bed and I'm very please with the turn radius that I will never turn this sharp.

Old 03-23-2020, 11:58 PM
Scoobertdoo
Mountain Pass
It's a 6.5 bed and I'm very please with the turn radius that I will never turn this sharp.
You should be fine if your careful. And the cut outs on that camper really help.

Sweet Jayco too, what model?

Old 03-24-2020, 12:29 AM
Sparatcus
Tuned
Thank you Scoobertdoo, it's a 2019 Jayco Eagle 321 RSTS with the rear living we love it a lot.

Old 03-24-2020, 06:01 AM
17 Oaks
Logistics Pro
Received 142 Likes on 98 Posts
Thank you Scoobertdoo, it's a 2019 Jayco Eagle 321 RSTS with the rear living we love it a lot.
My first 5th wheel was a Jayco Eagle Rear Living, I think it was a 32 x. We loved it and prob would still have it today but the first rain it saw was in Austin Tx as we are laying there in bed and it is raining I put my hand on the small night stand to get my reading glasses, its wet and water is hitting the back of my hand, spraying from the wall out thru a electrical socket. By the time the rain stopped I had seriously taken on a LOT of water, in fact the nose and front walls were full up about 3 ft or more. When I loaded the next day to go home it was straining to lift itself and my truck squatted due to the water weight. On the way home I dropped it off at the largest Jayco dealer in Texas if not the US for inspection. It was about 3 mo old at that time. Week later the dealer called and Jayco refused to warranty the damage! Their stand was that when I did my PDI I did not do a proper inspection of the top front nose cone seam and notice it lacked enough sealant. To which I replied that the Jayco dealer were I bought it would not allow me to go on the roof. They had a man fall off the ladder as he was getting off the roof and he sued the dealer and won a huge settlement...or so they said. Jayco did not care.

The Jayco dealer gave me an initial estimate of $10,000 to repair all the damage and suggested it might go up due to the amount of water in the walls, ceiling and floors.

So my 3 mo old Jayco we loved was traded in and I took at $10k hit on it...shame that my Jayco 2 year bumper to bumper warranty was worth nothing. CHECK that nose cone seam!

Old 03-25-2020, 08:29 PM
03griz
Mountain Pass
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I would not trust myself to back that tight. If uphill site it will not turn as tight. I just ordered a slider for my puck system, replacing the slider I had in my old truck with the above box rails. Yes I know it wil be heavy. Yes I have a tractor. Yes I will wish it was lighter. However I love the space a slider gives between the truck and open tailgate when hooking up or disconnecting. If a non slider goose neck would work for me that pullrite would be my pick. I like the looks of it.

Old 03-25-2020, 08:38 PM
77mmbass
Mountain Pass
Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 03griz
I would not trust myself to back that tight. If uphill site it will not turn as tight. I just ordered a slider for my puck system, replacing the slider I had in my old truck with the above box rails. Yes I know it wil be heavy. Yes I have a tractor. Yes I will wish it was lighter. However I love the space a slider gives between the truck and open tailgate when hooking up or disconnecting. If a non slider goose neck would work for me that pullrite would be my pick. I like the looks of it.
Yeah, you gotta go with what works for you.
Like I said, I really liked my Companion Slider. But I needed something lighter because I don't have the resources like you do.
Enjoy that hitch and the memories it and the RV will bring.

Old 03-25-2020, 08:44 PM
03griz
Mountain Pass
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by 77mmbass
Yeah, you gotta go with what works for you.
Like I said, I really liked my Companion Slider. But I needed something lighter because I don't have the resources like you do.
Enjoy that hitch and the memories it and the RV will bring.
Love the positive energy and thoughts of going RVing once this lockdown is over! Thank you. Added some happiness to my day!

Quick Reply: Choose a Fifth Wheel Hitch