1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines

2015 F350 XL Side Mirror to XLT Side Mirror

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2019 | 08:06 PM
theservicegroup777
|
Junior User
2015 F350 XL Side Mirror to XLT Side Mirror

Hey all,
New to me 2015 Peasant Model F-350. I'd like to add the side mirror with at least the park/turn signal and signal on the glass. Does't need to be full power or heated. Now, How hard is this to do? Is there a harness if so part # or where to source. Or is it just wire it up from the trailer plug? I've read the BCM watches voltage and I cant just tap in anywhere. Has anyone done this? What all did you do?

Old 04-23-2019 | 03:56 AM
Dsimes
Mountain Pass
I think someone on here has done this. Maybe search the forums and you will find the thread. I cant remember at the moment where it is.

Old 04-23-2019 | 02:30 PM
Lubbockguy1979
Cargo Master
I would bet with the right harness it can be done. I would start by pulling the door panel which is stupid simple and see what connector and how many wires it has on the truck side. If the wiring is there it might be pug and play although I wouldn't expect it. As to mirrors oem is extremely expensive vs the cheaper off shore ones. Ive run the off shore ebay mirrors power heated amd signals manual extend and fold for several years now with not issues. The mirror glass is not oem quality but they do work fine. But with the way the computer works you can add in most options then you would have to turn on the option with a proper scan tool

Old 04-24-2019 | 12:14 PM
Wandering Dixie
Freshman User
I’m in the process of doing this as well, but I haven’t found where it’s possible yet. Please update if you find something out.

Old 04-24-2019 | 02:49 PM
drew999999
Cross-Country
Do any of the models of 2015-16 have the in-glass signals? I had it on my 13 F150, but my 16 F350 only has the signal on the back side of the mirror. I kind of miss it on the mirror itself.

Old 04-24-2019 | 04:53 PM
theservicegroup777
|
Junior User
Not sure about the glass in signal from factory. I just saw the aftermarket ones offering it. I've had my panels pulled off and no harness's. Found this out when i did locks. I'm looking for a set of door panels with power too if ya know anyone with grey ones. I don't tend to pay dealers stupid money to turn something one just for my pleasure. I may just go off the trailer harness and find replacement harness ends for the switch side. I can look under the dash but how would i know which harness connector to look for?

I am still searching for that other thread but found nothing.

Old 04-24-2019 | 04:55 PM
theservicegroup777
|
Junior User
Originally Posted by drew999999
Do any of the models of 2015-16 have the in-glass signals? I had it on my 13 F150, but my 16 F350 only has the signal on the back side of the mirror. I kind of miss it on the mirror itself.
Im guessing if you already have the turn signals up there is would be as simple as making a small jumper wire and possibly going to led to lower the voltage draw. My issue is I dont have anything.

Old 04-24-2019 | 04:58 PM
theservicegroup777
|
Junior User
Talking

Originally Posted by Wandering Dixie
I’m in the process of doing this as well, but I haven’t found where it’s possible yet. Please update if you find something out.
How far along are you? Planning stages like me? LOL I think im about to just buy them and get it done. If you can wait a week or so, I dont mind keeping the thread updated for everyone. If you are further along than I am let me know. Worst case if it doesnt work, ill have a story to tell everyone about how i cant find the fuse to my mirrors...

Old 04-24-2019 | 06:46 PM
Lubbockguy1979
Cargo Master
Probably be close and less work to tie in to the front signals vs the tail of the truck. I havent seen signals in the mirror glass on the towing mirrors. They might have had them in the "nemo" style on the excursion though. Could also get the non power mirrors with out the signal or ones with the signal and wire them to be markers

Old 04-24-2019 | 06:47 PM
Lubbockguy1979
Cargo Master
Also door panels look the same to me 08-16 and they show up on facebook market place amd craigs list ever so often as well

Old 04-24-2019 | 06:52 PM
theservicegroup777
|
Junior User
Originally Posted by Lubbockguy1979
Probably be close and less work to tie in to the front signals vs the tail of the truck. I havent seen signals in the mirror glass on the towing mirrors. They might have had them in the "nemo" style on the excursion though. Could also get the non power mirrors with out the signal or ones with the signal and wire them to be markers
My understanding with using the front is the voltage is regulated by BCM and it will sense over voltage. Maybe someone can clarify on that. Thus, using the unregulated power from trailer harness.

Here's the link to them with the in glass signal.
https://www.amazon.com/Towing-Mirrors-Passenger-Operated-2008-2016/dp/B07J9K5NN8/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=2015+f350+side+mirror&qid=1556149872&s=gateway&sr=8-3 https://www.amazon.com/Towing-Mirrors-Passenger-Operated-2008-2016/dp/B07J9K5NN8/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=2015+f350+side+mirror&qid=1556149872&s=gateway&sr=8-3

Old 04-24-2019 | 06:55 PM
theservicegroup777
|
Junior User
Originally Posted by Lubbockguy1979
Also door panels look the same to me 08-16 and they show up on facebook market place amd craigs list ever so often as well
The door panels are different in the XL. At least mine anyways. I have no storage cubby's, It's does not have the front part of the arm rest where the switches would be. I'll have to keep an eye out for them then. I've got power locks now that i added and it came with a junk rocker switch.. no way im installing that in the middle of a plain flat door panel...lol.. i use the fob exclusively.

Old 04-24-2019 | 08:37 PM
Ron94150
Postmaster
The and upgraded door panels with pockets come with power windows and locks. Along with the marker light in the mirror and keyless entry. At one time, I was hell bent on adding the mirrors to mine. But when I added aftermarket keyless entry, I had the door panels off, and there is no harness or plug in there. So you may also want to figure out how you are going to route your wires through the molex plug ford now uses to connect the wire pass through from truck to cab. Not saying it can't be done, because it can, but it ain't easy.

Old 04-24-2019 | 10:54 PM
theservicegroup777
|
Junior User
Originally Posted by Ron94150
The and upgraded door panels with pockets come with power windows and locks. Along with the marker light in the mirror and keyless entry. At one time, I was hell bent on adding the mirrors to mine. But when I added aftermarket keyless entry, I had the door panels off, and there is no harness or plug in there. So you may also want to figure out how you are going to route your wires through the molex plug ford now uses to connect the wire pass through from truck to cab. Not saying it can't be done, because it can, but it ain't easy.
Well I didnt plan to source the whole door. I just need the doors with pockets so it looks factory. I'll get the mirrors aftermarket. I had nothing, no power windows, no power locks, no power mirrors. Thats why I want the XLT door skins. It actually has nothing to do with my mirror upgrade. Im not getting "power" mirrors. ( fold out, adjust the mirror, power telescoping). None of that, just ones with the turn signal. The door skin wont have anything to do with that. Sorry if i confused ya.

As far as wiring, i've already done that when I added power locks to all 4 doors. Not hard at all to route them.

Old 04-25-2019 | 04:16 AM
Ron94150
Postmaster
Originally Posted by theservicegroup777
Well I didnt plan to source the whole door. I just need the doors with pockets so it looks factory. I'll get the mirrors aftermarket. I had nothing, no power windows, no power locks, no power mirrors. Thats why I want the XLT door skins. It actually has nothing to do with my mirror upgrade. Im not getting "power" mirrors. ( fold out, adjust the mirror, power telescoping). None of that, just ones with the turn signal. The door skin wont have anything to do with that. Sorry if i confused ya.

As far as wiring, i've already done that when I added power locks to all 4 doors. Not hard at all to route them.
I never said anything about the whole door skin, sorry I confused you, lol.

It's not an "xlt" door panel. Power windows and locks were/are available on the xl models. And with that "power equipment group", you got the power mirrors with marker lights, keyless entry, and door pockets, even on the xl. I have a "manual equipment group" as well. And while I don't really miss the power windows and locks, I sure wish I had order the power group, because I miss all the things that come along with that.

Mind giving a little insight on how you routed your power through the factory plug and dust boot on the front? Or did you do just like me and fish the wire up high, around mirror level, and through some grommets then put wire loom on it? I was able to drill through the molex connector on the back doors, but it looks like you would have to pull the dash out to get the front doors. I've had no issues out of my back doors, but I've broke several wires in 3 years on the front, and it gets old repairing them.

Quick Reply: 2015 F350 XL Side Mirror to XLT Side Mirror