Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: Tim Young

2019 Annual B.S. Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2019, 03:11 AM
Bently_Coop
Lead Driver
Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts
Didn't know about the Enchant thing, looks cool too. I just remembered having Woodland Park Zoo tickets that expire this year, I should use them for their light show.

Old 12-17-2019, 03:27 AM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
I think they might rate as $30.00 fix version.

Old 12-17-2019, 06:29 AM
'86F350ken
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It got cold down there in the barn and the walk up to the house it was crunchy grass the whole way up! Soo I decided to start a rippin fire to warm up and get the house up to temp before everyone wakes up.

Old 12-17-2019, 02:05 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts
havent gotten much done on the bike since i been working on putting new flooring down in my room.. so far my office is done and about 3 ft into my room from the wall and down the hall way..

but today i cleaned up the bolts i plan to reuse on the engine and painted so i can start reassembling that when they dry... and attempted to get the caliper apart.. pads stuck in the housing as is the piston... ive heated the thing several times soaked it in the penetrate (which its been soaking in that stuff for like a month... im thinking im just going to end up having to buy a new caliper to replace it... and probably a new master cyl..

Old 12-17-2019, 03:17 PM
'86F350ken
Laughing Gas
On another vehicle forum I go to I apparently stirred up a lot of doodoo this morning by a poster that uses the phrase "I'm totally OCD" or "my OCD kicked in." They use it in many more combos so I asked this morning if they truly have a mental illness or are they using "OCD" as an adjective?

That's when the whole forum went to pooh because he got mad and said he likes stuff to be organized and I told him the "O" in "OCD" stands for "obsessive" and not for "organized." Then a bunch of people said that they know he has OCD and I asked if they diagnosed him or a medical professional? Hehe

It's a poop storm over there!

It's gone on for a long time and it's like he uses it for some way of getting attention. Some people post pics of projects and tell that person not to look because they won't like the pic due to a mess or something not being neat/tidy. It's almost like they're enabling the behavior of said person.

Old 12-17-2019, 03:34 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Originally Posted by '86F350ken
On another vehicle forum I go to I apparently stirred up a lot of doodoo this morning by a poster that uses the phrase "I'm totally OCD" or "my OCD kicked in." They use it in many more combos so I asked this morning if they truly have a mental illness or are they using "OCD" as an adjective?

That's when the whole forum went to pooh because he got mad and said he likes stuff to be organized and I told him the "O" in "OCD" stands for "obsessive" and not for "organized." Then a bunch of people said that they know he has OCD and I asked if they diagnosed him or a medical professional? Hehe

It's a poop storm over there!

It's gone on for a long time and it's like he uses it for some way of getting attention. Some people post pics of projects and tell that person not to look because they won't like the pic due to a mess or something not being neat/tidy. It's almost like they're enabling the behavior of said person.

should i mention i do the same with M&M's.... It drives me nuts when the colors are mixed... i have to sort them out whenever i open the bags.... if the jar gets knocked over and shakes it up i have to dump them and reorganise them back apart....

and if i open one of them little bags i have to sort them before i eat them.. and i eat them in order from least color number to most...

Old 12-17-2019, 03:53 PM
Bently_Coop
Lead Driver
Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts

Old 12-17-2019, 04:42 PM
NorthwesternCowboy
Laughing Gas
Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Sparky83

should i mention i do the same with M&M's.... It drives me nuts when the colors are mixed... i have to sort them out whenever i open the bags.... if the jar gets knocked over and shakes it up i have to dump them and reorganise them back apart....

and if i open one of them little bags i have to sort them before i eat them.. and i eat them in order from least color number to most...
I don't exhibit any characteristics of OCD, but I can empathize with anybody that does. I've got family members that are probably at least borderline and compound everything with anxiety. That would be a tough way to live, constantly having to cope with little things like that. Helps me not take for granted the fact that I'm one of the most laid back people ever. I do sometimes make things like eating m&ms interesting by organizing them, but it's not a compulsive reaction, just be being bored. Makes for a cool looking counter decoration!

Old 12-17-2019, 07:25 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Originally Posted by NorthwesternCowboy
I don't exhibit any characteristics of OCD, but I can empathize with anybody that does. I've got family members that are probably at least borderline and compound everything with anxiety. That would be a tough way to live, constantly having to cope with little things like that. Helps me not take for granted the fact that I'm one of the most laid back people ever. I do sometimes make things like eating m&ms interesting by organizing them, but it's not a compulsive reaction, just be being bored. Makes for a cool looking counter decoration!

for the people that have it - it becomes a normal part of life for them. Not everyone with OCD are like Mr. Monk from tv. Many live normal lives but theres certain things that have to be a certain way or in a certain place or it distracts them.

While i can have a messy room and messy cabinets i know where the stuff is because its my chaotic mess. Ironically with the candy sorting when i go to other ppls houses and i see a jar or dish sitting out with the m&ms or something of the such mixed theres a spot in the back of my head that sits there and wants to sort them.

Old 12-17-2019, 08:09 PM
'86F350ken
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by Bently_Coop
Haha awesome and soo fitting!

Old 12-17-2019, 09:53 PM
onug
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by NorthwesternCowboy
Sweet RC cars! I have a Traxxas Stampede I run on 3S Lipos with a stripped spur gear I've been putting off fixing for no good reason
@NorthwesternCowboy (or anyone) Tell me more about the RC stuff. Especially recommendations for starters. My son is interested in them and I'm thinking I might pick one up too. We've been watching YT videos for two nights. Sounds like the ready to go 4wd Traxxas Slash is the most recommended beginner rig. What's the deal between between brushed and brushless motors? A few vids we saw said the brushed motors wear out pretty quickly. Plus anything else that might be useful. .

Hope the week is treating you all well. As you've seen in the news, I was worried about getting a pink slip or furloughed this week. Not good times. Four more days and I'm off until 2020. Will worry about January in January...

Old 12-17-2019, 10:16 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
One thing I can say is don't get hit by a runaway car.

Old 12-17-2019, 11:16 PM
fire240
FTE Legend
Received 256 Likes on 247 Posts
Howdy Washington.

Old 12-18-2019, 01:32 AM
'86F350ken
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by onug
@NorthwesternCowboy (or anyone) Tell me more about the RC stuff.
I'm kind of out of the loop on what's good these days but my biggest recommendation is to buy a kit that is supported by your local hobby shop! Parts break and need to be replaced and it's nice to get them locally vs waiting around.

As far as motors go the brushes have been around forever and the brushless have been around in the r/c world for a short time. I have never had a brushless until I bought those kits the other day but what I know about them is they have a longer run time with the battery because they're more efficient. But with anything fancy they have a higher price also.

Hiyas @fire240 !
All ready for another night shift?
Since I worked 25 years on the night shift back in the day and know how scheduling was crappy are you going to get any days in a row off during the holidays?

Old 12-18-2019, 01:33 AM
fire240
FTE Legend
Received 256 Likes on 247 Posts
Been in since 2300 hrs EST Ken.

Quick Reply: 2019 Annual B.S. Thread!