2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Tonneau Covers

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2017, 07:56 PM
stdenpi1
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EpicCowlick
It is a matte finish and I don't remember even having an option to choose. Very happy with it and it has handled lots of bird crap very well. It doesn't come with the seal automatically. You have to order it separately and I suggest you do. It doesn't interfere with anything and provides a great dust seal. I didn't install the seal right away and was noticing an inordinate about of silty dust in the bed. When the cover is closed there is a vacuum behind the tailgate and it naturally draws in dust. So on went the seal and 90 % of the dust is gone. It also seals against water really well also. My bed is 6 foot 8 inch and the cover does not interfere with the box link tie downs. The cover box up against the bed blocks the bolted on tie downs in the corners.
Thanks for the answers. It does really look nice. My truck just went to "In Production Status on the 14th So I am getting really excited.

Those covers do look super nice.

Old 03-18-2017, 08:43 AM
Top_Speed1
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
From a Retrax owner; I'm super glad to hear of this great customer service!

..hoping I never need any however!

Old 03-19-2017, 08:24 AM
Thenewboss
Laughing Gas
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Quick question. Has anybody tried fitting their 11-16MY cover on the MY17 truck. I'm about to trade and I would like to reuse my Truxedo Lopro if possible. If not, onto the sale pile it goes.

Old 03-20-2017, 10:55 PM
Mining Guy
Senior User
Ford's Version of Rev Industries Roll Up Cover

Bought this cover on e-Bay for $712.
Easy to install, fits perfect, looks good.
Bad news.....side rails seem very "frail".

Old 03-21-2017, 12:22 AM
REPO.
Senior User
Good to know! I had considered that one!

Old 03-21-2017, 12:49 AM
AMXDREAMER
Posting Guru
Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
I have an Undercover Flex on my F150 and ordered their new Ultra Flex for the new truck. Been really happy with the first one so figured I would give them another shot.

UnderCover Truck Bed Covers | UnderCover Ultra Flex

I ordered it from an online vendor but nothing has shown up so far.

Old 03-23-2017, 07:52 PM
randomreview
Freshman User
Went to install my Powertrax Pro MX today and low and behold... it's broken.

I checked the packaging when it arrived and everything was pristine so I left it in the box since it was a good week or so before the truck was due in and I knew I would have to move it around a couple times between then and now. There was no damage to the box or the foam padding inside so that means Retrax packaged the unit already damaged... Yep, I probably should have opened it all the way up as soon as I got it, but I tried to make the in between storage of it easier, my bad...

Bought from Tonneaucovered.com and they have been great so far, although I am a little annoyed that I have to wait for Retrax to actually approve picking up and actually pick up the damaged item before they will ship out a new one.

For those who haven't gone through it, the process is:
1. Call and report
2. Provide pics and description of damage (1 day)
3. tonneaucovered.com contacts Retrax for return approval??? (2-3 days)
4. Item gets picked up ( ??who knows??)
5. I call Tonneaucovered.com to confirm item is picked up and they process a replacement. (whatever day it's picked up??)
6. I wait another week for my tonneau cover to show up, hopefully undamaged.

Oh well, !#$% happens. Going to see if my buddy's old hard folding cover will fit so I have covered storage until the new one shows up.

Old 03-23-2017, 07:55 PM
2009kr
Posting Guru
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by randomreview

I checked the packaging when it arrived and everything was pristine so I left it in the box since it was a good week or so before the truck was due in and I knew I would have to move it around a couple times between then and now. There was no damage to the box or the foam padding inside so that means Retrax packaged the unit already damaged... Yep, I probably should have opened it all the way up as soon as I got it, but I tried to make the in between storage of it easier, my bad...

Bought from Tonneaucovered.com and they have been great so far, although I am a little annoyed that I have to wait for Retrax to actually approve picking up and actually pick up the damaged item before they will ship out a new one.

For those who haven't gone through it, the process is:
1. Call and report
2. Provide pics and description of damage (1 day)
3. tonneaucovered.com contacts Retrax for return approval??? (2-3 days)
4. Item gets picked up ( ??who knows??)
5. I call Tonneaucovered.com to confirm item is picked up and they process a replacement. (whatever day it's picked up??)
6. I wait another week for my tonneau cover to show up, hopefully undamaged.

Oh well, !#$% happens. Going to see if my buddy's old hard folding cover will fit so I have covered storage until the new one shows up.
Same thing here. Retrax pro, same company, same pristine box, same broken side piece, waiting for a new canister.

Old 03-23-2017, 08:17 PM
randomreview
Freshman User
Originally Posted by 2009kr
Same thing here. Retrax pro, same company, same pristine box, same broken side piece, waiting for a new canister.

Well that sucks... Hope it works out fast... for both of us!

Old 03-23-2017, 09:12 PM
Stalwart
Senior User
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm pretty sure its the fault of the monkey putting them together. They are over-torquing that screw braking the fragile plastic. Mine had a tiny crack around one of them.

Old 03-23-2017, 09:27 PM
randomreview
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Stalwart
I'm pretty sure its the fault of the monkey putting them together. They are over-torquing that screw braking the fragile plastic. Mine had a tiny crack around one of them.

Alright... enough's enough. Who gave monkey number 4 the pnuematic hammer drill for the screw!

Old 03-23-2017, 11:58 PM
MJR777
Senior User
I just went with the Bakflip Mx4 because I couldn't come to grips with giving up the canister space on any retractable and since fold a cover didn't have one available that would allow font access.

Old 03-24-2017, 01:07 AM
MagicMtnDan
Laughing Gas
Received 142 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by randomreview
Originally Posted by 2009kr

Why would that clear plastic fracture / shatter like that?! Makes me question that as a viable product. It should be injection molded and the plastic resin should be very durable. It looks like they've chosen the wrong resin for injection molding. That just doesn't look right.

Old 03-24-2017, 06:26 AM
Thumper911
Senior User
I guess they've since moved on to metal. I installed my powertrax pro MX last night and the sides were metal, not plastic. Don't worry, pix to come. I didn't wanna take pix at night.

Old 03-24-2017, 07:25 AM
das_16
Senior User
Should of called retrax themselves I had my issues for mine they didn't even ask for pictures just sent me a new one should be here today. And they sent me a email with a return shipping label very easy process. I bought it from a local place and he called the vender he buys from and they never returned his call so I called retrax myself to get the ball rolling and low and behold they are sending me a new one.

Quick Reply: Tonneau Covers