6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Jolly Green Giant...2015 F-350 KR DRW

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2020 | 08:11 PM
GLR
FTE Legend
Club FTE Gold Member
Is that to teach others how to drive a fork lift???

Or, how to back up?

Old 06-26-2020 | 09:26 PM
Sailor Roy
|
FTE Chapter Leader
Club FTE Silver Member
Originally Posted by GLR
Is that to teach others how to drive a fork lift???

Or, how to back up?
High School drivers ed........

Just kidding.....

Old 06-26-2020 | 10:03 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Club FTE Gold Member
I didn't know there was a school for the Smash Up Derby.

Old 06-26-2020 | 11:59 PM
Sailor Roy
|
FTE Chapter Leader
Club FTE Silver Member
Originally Posted by HRTKD
I didn't know there was a school for the Smash Up Derby.
Just remember...... It takes skill to accomplish what I do....

Old 06-27-2020 | 08:53 AM
ExxWhy
Logistics Pro
Karma is not kind to those who poke a sharp stick in it's eye. In order to try to help some of you out, I nominate today as "be nice to Roy day".

Pretty red Explorer, I guess the 400 ponies is part of why they are so popular with the police these days. The new tech is nice, especially for someone like me who has been out of the new vehicle game for a while.

Speaking of tech, after some extended towing with the new truck I find the camera system to be a huge help on the road. Having the rear view up on the screen is like having an extra window or getting tow mirrors after you were using a tiny mirror. I don't find the cameras distracting at all and it's great to see exactly when you are clear of traffic. Still learning to back up with it, but even there it's another piece of having the big picture. The HD quality is a big part of why it works so well in practice, it just takes a glance like using a mirror.

Old 06-27-2020 | 09:10 AM
GLR
FTE Legend
Club FTE Gold Member
Today is National be Kind to Roy Day
in his honor:
https://www.google.com/search?q=pean...ixaj5D6VhKSTwM

Old 06-27-2020 | 09:43 AM
Seabiscuit-P3
Hotshot
Club FTE Gold Member
Originally Posted by GLR
Today is National be Kind to Roy Day
in his honor:
https://www.google.com/search?q=pean...ixaj5D6VhKSTwM
I volunteer to be the delivery driver.....

Old 06-27-2020 | 10:03 AM
Seabiscuit-P3
Hotshot
Club FTE Gold Member
Originally Posted by ExxWhy
Speaking of tech, after some extended towing with the new truck I find the camera system to be a huge help on the road. Having the rear view up on the screen is like having an extra window or getting tow mirrors after you were using a tiny mirror. I don't find the cameras distracting at all and it's great to see exactly when you are clear of traffic. Still learning to back up with it, but even there it's another piece of having the big picture. The HD quality is a big part of why it works so well in practice, it just takes a glance like using a mirror.
The full time Wi Fi camera on the back of the camper, IMHO, is a godsend. It has made backing into the driveway or hitching up a trailer easy. When driving down the road, it has filled in the 'blind' spots. I don't have to stop to check the travel cover on the boat.

I didn't realize how much I really use it until the other day when it developed a glitch and periodically cuts out. When we were driving down the interstate and I wanted to make a lane change, I glance at it and see "No Signal" on the screen, it made me "work" to make sure I had plenty of clearance behind the 23' boat we had on behind the camper to change back to the right lane in front of the truck I had just passed. I do have an appointment with the RV dealer to get it fixed. It's still under warranty. I find It's intermittent LOS is very irritating. On the other hand, I really don't even miss the backup camera in the tailgate that sits at home on saw horses when we have the camper on board.

Old 06-27-2020 | 10:14 AM
STOF-FORD
Fleet Mechanic
Club FTE Gold Member
Originally Posted by Seabiscuit-P3
The full time Wi Fi camera on the back of the camper, IMHO, is a godsend. It has made backing into the driveway or hitching up a trailer easy. When driving down the road, it has filled in the 'blind' spots. I don't have to stop to check the travel cover on the boat.

I didn't realize how much I really use it until the other day when it developed a glitch and periodically cuts out. When we were driving down the interstate and I wanted to make a lane change, I glance at it and see "No Signal" on the screen, it made me "work" to make sure I had plenty of clearance behind the 23' boat we had on behind the camper to change back to the right lane in front of the truck I had just passed. I do have an appointment with the RV dealer to get it fixed. It's still under warranty. I find It's intermittent LOS is very irritating. On the other hand, I really don't even miss the backup camera in the tailgate that sits at home on saw horses when we have the camper on board.
Jim,

When we ordered our DRV 5er I paid to have the factory install the wired Ford back-up camera on the rear of our rig. We even had to get a custom extension cable as the one that came with the camera would have been a few feet short. I really like the camera and quality and it does help a lot with backing up the rig. My only regret is that it only functions when the truck is in reverse. Since it displays in the truck's OEM center console and is controlled by the truck's computer there's not much I can do about it.

I keep expecting somebody over on the FORESCAN thread to come up with a work-around, but so far no luck.

Old 06-27-2020 | 10:36 AM
Seabiscuit-P3
Hotshot
Club FTE Gold Member
I've found several post market camera's with extensions that plug into the OEM socket. I'll probably order one and keep it in the pickup for use when the tail gate is off. However, like you said, it only works when in reverse and we don't have the center console display. Ours shows in the rearview mirror, which isn't bad because I like looking at the mirror and having the camera view in the same field of view.
My sisters 350 has the center console view. I like the size of the picture in her center console, but sometimes annoying because I can't see it and effectively use the rear view mirror simultaneously. I suspect it is something I would like if I had it and used it all the time.
The camper "OEM" also has a microphone so I can hear what is going on behind the camper as well. The Warden can stand back there and issue orders in a normal voice level and doesn't have to shout...

Speaking of the Warden, it sounds as if some new orders are being issued...

Old 06-27-2020 | 10:50 AM
Sailor Roy
|
FTE Chapter Leader
Club FTE Silver Member
Wow..... Nice to the old sailor day Yippeeee..... Thanks Eric
....and peanut butter cups....

I seem to be lacking energy this morning..... I have a work shift at HD today...... Noon - 1800
Work morning at home has fizzled.......

Old 06-27-2020 | 04:11 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Club FTE Gold Member
Roy, be sure to let Lynn know what today is. I'm sure she'll agree that it's overdue.

Old 06-28-2020 | 11:21 PM
Sailor Roy
|
FTE Chapter Leader
Club FTE Silver Member
Lynn has been very nice to me....... She didn't shoot me for allowing tools to follow me home from HD......

Old 06-29-2020 | 07:35 AM
GLR
FTE Legend
Club FTE Gold Member
Maybe time to start saving HD $$ for a new truck????

Old 06-30-2020 | 01:46 AM
Sailor Roy
|
FTE Chapter Leader
Club FTE Silver Member
Originally Posted by GLR
Maybe time to start saving HD $$ for a new truck????
Save money......
What a great idea.....

Quick Reply: Jolly Green Giant...2015 F-350 KR DRW