6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Jolly Green Giant...2015 F-350 KR DRW

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2020 | 07:15 PM
STOF-FORD
Fleet Mechanic
Club FTE Gold Member
Roy and Gang:

Yesterday, I broke my own #1 rule for forums, facebook, and social media in general. I made a post that probably sounded like it had politics associated with it. For that I am truly very sorry and it will not happen again. The fact is that I really enjoy this thread and the folks that are on it and I respect all of you very much. I appreciate the camaraderie and humor and the huge range of experiences and talents that are here. Many of you I've had the good fortune to meet in person at G2G's and that will always be special for me.

The main reason I try to never bring up political statements is that I am pretty much 180 degrees on the opposite side from most all of you and I do not want to let that fact mess up our getting along. Again, if anyone took it the wrong way, I'm truly very sorry. I was just trying to provide some useful data.

With all that said, and to change the subject, please let me share a very happy pic for me. Fathers' Day took on a new meaning at the Stoffel house this year. Two very proud brand new fathers and one very proud old one. Thanks to my family for such a great day.

Old 06-22-2020 | 08:46 PM
GLR
FTE Legend
Club FTE Gold Member
Great picture, Steve Thanks for sharing

Old 06-22-2020 | 11:45 PM
Sailor Roy
|
FTE Chapter Leader
Club FTE Silver Member
Steve...... Thanks for the picture .... I think those young men are related to you

I did not take the post as political at all.......

Support the US Constitution is all I ask for.........

Old 06-23-2020 | 06:16 AM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy
I did not take the post as political at all.......
I hadn't either. Thought it was a factual addition to a conversation.

Bruce

Old 06-23-2020 | 06:50 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Great pic Steve!

Old 06-24-2020 | 04:17 PM
Sailor Roy
|
FTE Chapter Leader
Club FTE Silver Member
Jolly Green is scheduled for a complete detail cleaning........
Engine compartment, Interior & Exterior
She will be ready for selling come August or so........

Looked at so 2020's today...... I'll be waiting to order a 2021.

Old 06-24-2020 | 04:40 PM
GLR
FTE Legend
Club FTE Gold Member
I can almost see an increase in HD hours..... DEFinitely going to move up , Roy??

Old 06-24-2020 | 05:10 PM
Sailor Roy
|
FTE Chapter Leader
Club FTE Silver Member
Originally Posted by GLR
I can almost see an increase in HD hours..... DEFinitely going to move up , Roy??
I really do want the 10-speed transmission and the fancy electronics........

Old 06-24-2020 | 05:46 PM
STOF-FORD
Fleet Mechanic
Club FTE Gold Member
I really do want the 10-speed transmission and the fancy electronics........
Roy, It seems there is another contagious disease afoot other that COVID. It's called "I want a new Forditis".

I had to take my F450 in this week to get a couple of outstanding recall notices handled. Nothing major, but I've been sitting on them for a while and it seemed like a good time to get them handled. At the same time, Sally had lost one of the remote key fobs for her 2014 Edge, so I thought I'd get a replacement. The dealer told me that, unfortunately, her extended warranty which would have covered a replacement key, just expired on the 18th of this month. So a new key fob plus programming would be over $250. I about c....ed.

That turned into Sally test driving a new Edge and also test driving a new Explorer ST. Tomorrow, we are going back to trade in her Edge on the Explorer. Mind you, none of this was even on my radar two days ago. The Explorer has the 10 speed tranny as well with the 3.0 V6 twin turbo. It really zips. My oldest son has a Platinum F150 with the 10 speed and his wife just leased a new Platinum Expedition with the 10 speed. It is really the way to go in my opinion. I wish my truck had it, but there is no way I'm ready to trade it in yet. It's a 2017 and I don't even have 40K miles on it yet. It's my understanding the 2021 Super Duties will have the much bigger nav display to compete with Fiat. Maybe in a couple of years, I'll take a look.

Steve

Old 06-24-2020 | 06:31 PM
Chad149
Lead Driver
Jolly Green is scheduled for a complete detail cleaning........
Engine compartment, Interior & Exterior
She will be ready for selling come August or so........

Looked at so 2020's today...... I'll be waiting to order a 2021.
Keep in mind due to low vehicle inventory on the super dutys, the deals may not be as good as you're used too. I'm gonna be shopping myself next year sometime, so I've been watching a little bit in case of a corona fire sale I have to act on....
Originally Posted by STOF-FORD
Roy, It seems there is another contagious disease afoot other that COVID. It's called "I want a new Forditis".

I had to take my F450 in this week to get a couple of outstanding recall notices handled. Nothing major, but I've been sitting on them for a while and it seemed like a good time to get them handled. At the same time, Sally had lost one of the remote key fobs for her 2014 Edge, so I thought I'd get a replacement. The dealer told me that, unfortunately, her extended warranty which would have covered a replacement key, just expired on the 18th of this month. So a new key fob plus programming would be over $250. I about c....ed.

That turned into Sally test driving a new Edge and also test driving a new Explorer ST. Tomorrow, we are going back to trade in her Edge on the Explorer. Mind you, none of this was even on my radar two days ago. The Explorer has the 10 speed tranny as well with the 3.0 V6 twin turbo. It really zips. My oldest son has a Platinum F150 with the 10 speed and his wife just leased a new Platinum Expedition with the 10 speed. It is really the way to go in my opinion. I wish my truck had it, but there is no way I'm ready to trade it in yet. It's a 2017 and I don't even have 40K miles on it yet. It's my understanding the 2021 Super Duties will have the much bigger nav display to compete with Fiat. Maybe in a couple of years, I'll take a look.

Steve
Tell Sally congrats!
The super dutys probably won't get the new Navi units until the 23 model year....things got delayed a year on the super dutys to keep the 150s redesign on track for this fall during the covid crisis. This info comes from a buddy working for a supplier involved with important interior parts. Now for could launch them early like the '15 update, but too early to say.

Old 06-24-2020 | 06:41 PM
STOF-FORD
Fleet Mechanic
Club FTE Gold Member
Originally Posted by Chad149
Keep in mind due to low vehicle inventory on the super dutys, the deals may not be as good as you're used too. I'm gonna be shopping myself next year sometime, so I've been watching a little bit in case of a corona fire sale I have to act on....

Tell Sally congrats!
The super dutys probably won't get the new Navi units until the 23 model year....things got delayed a year on the super dutys to keep the 150s redesign on track for this fall during the covid crisis. This info comes from a buddy working for a supplier involved with important interior parts. Now for could launch them early like the '15 update, but too early to say.
Actually, i was wondering about exactly that point. I had originally heard we would see the new Navi in 2021, but that was before the world got turned upside down. Makes sense.

Old 06-24-2020 | 06:45 PM
STOF-FORD
Fleet Mechanic
Club FTE Gold Member
Originally Posted by Chad149
You are certainly right about the Super Duty dealer inventory. Our dealer was really lamenting that situation today when we were there. He normally has 50 to 75 or more Super Duties on the lot. Today, I bet it was not more than ten.

Old 06-24-2020 | 07:27 PM
Chad149
Lead Driver
You are certainly right about the Super Duty dealer inventory. Our dealer was really lamenting that situation today when we were there. He normally has 50 to 75 or more Super Duties on the lot. Today, I bet it was not more than ten.
Its an industry wide problem right now really, only car lines that had a 60-90 supply still have decent selection. Our lot is pretty thin right now, we opened sales back up early may and had a record month. New cars are just now starting to arrive for us.

Old 06-24-2020 | 09:29 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Club FTE Gold Member
I was at the Ford dealer to schedule recall service for my F-350. It was D-E-A-D in there. 5:00 pm and there were only two service writers. I was accosted by no salesmen, didn't even see one. Inventory of trucks is starting to show a few empty spots in the front lot. The Ford dealer's phone system sucks. It's easier to schedule in person than fight their phone system.

Cathy and I went for dinner at her favorite restaurant, a Vietnamese place. It was limited to 27 people per regulations and there were no more than 15 in there at any time. Take-out business was brisk though. Food was very good, as usual.

While at Wal-mart this afternoon, I cruised down the clearance aisle and picked up four 1 gallon jugs of Mobile 1 5w-40 synthetic diesel motor oil for $13 each. I couldn't turn that down.

Old 06-25-2020 | 07:43 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot

Steve
This one time I took my truck in for an oil change...

Quick Reply: Jolly Green Giant...2015 F-350 KR DRW