6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Jolly Green Giant...2015 F-350 KR DRW

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2018 | 10:55 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
I don't doubt the scaffold is solid Roy. It just LOOKS sketchy.
I have wanted at nice DSLR for many years, but could not justify the price since the resolution on those changed as rapidly as processor speeds on PC's a few years ago and were obsolete within a few weeks of purchase. There are many things that a DSLR will do 1,000 times better than a smartphone, but for the few occasions that the high dollar camera would be of benefit, I have abandoned my plans to have one. Don't leave the next one on the step ladder.

Old 09-01-2018 | 11:07 PM
Sailor Roy
|
FTE Chapter Leader
Club FTE Silver Member
Originally Posted by EO2SeaBee
I don't doubt the scaffold is solid Roy. It just LOOKS sketchy.
I have wanted at nice DSLR for many years, but could not justify the price since the resolution on those changed as rapidly as processor speeds on PC's a few years ago and were obsolete within a few weeks of purchase. There are many things that a DSLR will do 1,000 times better than a smartphone, but for the few occasions that the high dollar camera would be of benefit, I have abandoned my plans to have one. Don't leave the next one on the step ladder.
I do use it a bunch....... It is worth it to me.
I also do photo work for Theresa's school and our church.

Old 09-01-2018 | 11:22 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy
I do use it a bunch....... It is worth it to me.
I also do photo work for Theresa's school and our church.
Photography was always an interest of mine, and I used to take tons of pictures on film, only to get them developed and find the rare gem worth putting anywhere but a photo album. When digital photography came along, I was able to take as many pictures as the flash memory would hold, download the pics daily to the computer, process the images and come up with some neat stuff. Much like the other cameras of the time, the DSLR's were still low resolution and expensive. As the resolution of the DSLR's came up, so did the price, but by then every smartphone out there had cameras built in that had great resolution, and in most cases, powerful processing software on the phone as well, and could shoot stills, panoramas, and HD video. I gave up hope of ever having a nice DSLR. I have dust collecting on what was once a state of the art digital video camera. For you, I can see a big body camera still being of great use.

Old 09-01-2018 | 11:41 PM
Sailor Roy
|
FTE Chapter Leader
Club FTE Silver Member
Photography was always an interest of mine, and I used to take tons of pictures on film, only to get them developed and find the rare gem worth putting anywhere but a photo album. When digital photography came along, I was able to take as many pictures as the flash memory would hold, download the pics daily to the computer, process the images and come up with some neat stuff. Much like the other cameras of the time, the DSLR's were still low resolution and expensive. As the resolution of the DSLR's came up, so did the price, but by then every smartphone out there had cameras built in that had great resolution, and in most cases, powerful processing software on the phone as well, and could shoot stills, panoramas, and HD video. I gave up hope of ever having a nice DSLR. I have dust collecting on what was once a state of the art digital video camera. For you, I can see a big body camera still being of great use.
As I call it.... Real Camera, is much nicer that a smartphone. Back in 1969 during my college years I had a very nice 35mm SLR and did my own darkroom work.....A bunch of Black & White plus color slides......

Old 09-01-2018 | 11:44 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
That's what I would love to do Roy. I could see myself with a camera bag stuffed with various lenses and filters, flashes, tripod mounts, etc and totally nerd out on photography.

Old 09-01-2018 | 11:48 PM
Sailor Roy
|
FTE Chapter Leader
Club FTE Silver Member
That's what I would love to do Roy. I could see myself with a camera bag stuffed with various lenses and filters, flashes, tripod mounts, etc and totally nerd out on photography.
The time might come.........

Time to hit the sack.......

Old 09-02-2018 | 12:10 AM
Tim Young
FTE Chapter Leader
Club FTE Gold Member
Your front door looks good Roy!

I have an entry level Canon with a couple lens, I don't use it much but it does soon cool stuff and it is pretty nice!

Old 09-02-2018 | 12:26 AM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Good night Roy!

Howdy Tim. I have trouble buying "Entry level" anything. I always like to start out with more than I think I could ever use. My DSLR starter kit would probably be near $2,000. That being said, there are plenty of really nice systems out there for far less money. My biggest obstacle for getting serious about amatuer photography is a sever shortage of time to do anything with it.

Old 09-02-2018 | 09:46 AM
Iowa Ford
Post Fiend
Looks fine to me Roy !

Old 09-02-2018 | 11:38 AM
Tim Young
FTE Chapter Leader
Club FTE Gold Member
Good night Roy!

Howdy Tim. I have trouble buying "Entry level" anything. I always like to start out with more than I think I could ever use. My DSLR starter kit would probably be near $2,000. That being said, there are plenty of really nice systems out there for far less money. My biggest obstacle for getting serious about amatuer photography is a sever shortage of time to do anything with it.
Most of the time I'm the same way. My chiropractor is into photography big time. After talking to him about camera's and storage of the pictures and sense I wasn't sure that I was going to get serious about taking photo's, I decided to just buy an entry level kit. As it turns out I still take more photos with my phone then the camera. But I have taken a couple of cool photos with the camera, mine is a EOS Rebel T5.

Here is one of the North Star. I resized it before uploading, the original was 13.5 Meg.

Old 09-02-2018 | 11:48 AM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Club FTE Gold Member
Originally Posted by Tim Young
Ahhh, I'm getting dizzy!!

Nice pic. I have an investment in photography equipment. Even taught a class once. The little cameras and even my phone do such a nice job now that I rarely breakout the expensive stuff.

Old 09-02-2018 | 01:38 PM
Seabiscuit-P3
Hotshot
Club FTE Gold Member
House is looking great Roy!
My wife uses her cell phone even though I got her a high resolution point and shoot camera.
About 99.5% of the time I use a Nikon D7500 with lenses, filters....(my dad was a professional photographer), but I'm strictly hobby...Spent way too many hours in the darkroom working for dad when I was in school and pre military days.
I picked up the D7500 in August 2017 and it's clock is well over 20,000 pics now...

Forest Fire Sunrise

Forest Fire Sunset

Old 09-02-2018 | 03:40 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Tim, the EOS Rebel was among those I was checking out so many years ago and I think it’s a nice camera for the price. The pics are great that you posted too!

Jim, was teaching photography a hobby, or an income? Is it something you would get back into when you retire?

Old 09-02-2018 | 04:17 PM
Sailor Roy
|
FTE Chapter Leader
Club FTE Silver Member
Very nice photos Jim......
I have a Nikon D5600 on order to replace my D5300 that jumped off a ladder to its death.........

Old 09-02-2018 | 10:24 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Club FTE Gold Member
Jim, was teaching photography a hobby, or an income? Is it something you would get back into when you retire?
Just a hobby. I happened to know more than anyone else around so I got nominated. The most interesting part of the class to me was using a flash. Lot's of cool things you can do with a flash that don't require photochop.

Quick Reply: Jolly Green Giant...2015 F-350 KR DRW