Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED lights bars

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2015 | 11:48 AM
bcrewcaptain
More Turbo
Originally Posted by Tirewarmer
Great! Thanks. Will any of these fit in the the four factory running board light locations? I bought some LEDs for those four locations, and besides them being very, very dim, the are too tall and don't allow for the connector to screw all the way in.
these are the ones I used on the running boards, the ones I posted earlier were too tall.
Amazon.com: Cutequeen 8PCS LED Car Lights Bulb White T10 3528 4-SMD 194 168 (pack of 8): Automotive Amazon.com: Cutequeen 8PCS LED Car Lights Bulb White T10 3528 4-SMD 194 168 (pack of 8): Automotive

I thought I had a pic of just the running board lights, but this is with the led strip under the doors as well

Old 04-23-2015 | 03:57 AM
v10hawkeye
5th Wheeling
Logged in for the first time in months just because I love leds more than just about anything. I have been on an amazon craze as of late and picked up a 50"bar, two 3-4" pods, and 12 quarter sized individual leds along with 4 x 285 bfg ko2, and a dual steering stabilizer since I broke my original two years ago haha.
I'll be sure to post before and after on all of them combined.

side note, anyone come up with a cheaper than $150-200 roof mount? I tried scanning the posts but I may have missed something on this phone :/

Old 04-23-2015 | 04:28 AM
bcrewcaptain
More Turbo
Originally Posted by v10hawkeye
Logged in for the first time in months just because I love leds more than just about anything. I have been on an amazon craze as of late and picked up a 50"bar, two 3-4" pods, and 12 quarter sized individual leds along with 4 x 285 bfg ko2, and a dual steering stabilizer since I broke my original two years ago haha.
I'll be sure to post before and after on all of them combined.

side note, anyone come up with a cheaper than $150-200 roof mount? I tried scanning the posts but I may have missed something on this phone :/
Find a local fab show with the tools and never look back., you're paying $100 to advertise for the companies with most of the available ones. Another thing to consider with the roof mounts is noise/vibration. The screws ripped out of the metal on my buddies bronco as the air traveling over the light/brackets cause a vibration/oscillation that literally allowed the screws to tear from the rain gutter.

Old 04-23-2015 | 04:55 AM
v10hawkeye
5th Wheeling
So you just pinpointed one of my ONLY fears with that, along with being stolen. I just can't seem to fathom any other location for a 50. Makes me almost wish I went with 2 smaller ones. That said, I love that 50, crazy bright.

Old 04-23-2015 | 06:22 AM
bcrewcaptain
More Turbo
As much of a light freak as I am, I couldn't justify much more than I have already with my 20", there is already no chance I'm going to outrun the light it puts out, I was able to mount it on the bumper where the wind is not an issue, and less chance of banging it on something. I had considered a larger curved model to keep on the bumper, but the light output on this one is more than fine.
The theft part is a little easier, just get some security bolts and put them on, thief will give up at that point.

Old 04-23-2015 | 02:19 PM
TheBigBee
Cargo Master
Old 04-23-2015 | 05:24 PM
J ballan
Fleet Mechanic
Mine came with a 20" LED bar mounted to the grill guard when I bought it. I've since removed the grill guard and mounted it where the original fog lights were. Even used the fog light wiring and switch. Works awesome.

Old 04-23-2015 | 05:25 PM
J ballan
Fleet Mechanic
And yes I do need a new ford emblem. lol

Old 04-23-2015 | 07:07 PM
bcrewcaptain
More Turbo
Originally Posted by J ballan
Mine came with a 20" LED bar mounted to the grill guard when I bought it. I've since removed the grill guard and mounted it where the original fog lights were. Even used the fog light wiring and switch. Works awesome.
That def would have been my first choice vs on top of the bumper, but I put in a front hitch, so that spot was a no-go

Old 04-23-2015 | 08:21 PM
e.lair
New User
Originally Posted by bcrewcaptain
That def would have been my first choice vs on top of the bumper, but I put in a front hitch, so that spot was a no-go
That's also the way I wanted to mount mine but I messed up and ordered a light bar that mounts from the bottom instead of the sides. The brackets on the market, that I have found require light bars that mount from the sides. Bummer!

Old 04-23-2015 | 08:23 PM
ChadTaylor
Senior User
Originally Posted by J ballan
I keep going back and forth on if I want to put a bar in this space or just update the fog lights. I have no Rhino-Money at this moment so I guess I have time to decide.

Old 04-23-2015 | 09:34 PM
v10hawkeye
5th Wheeling
i really love it when the lights or light housings match the surroundings, and that honeycomb just seems those leds seem right at home, beautiful!

Old 04-24-2015 | 05:10 PM
agsmv1
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Triple Ex

Side view of my favourite rig.

HID Piias, Led pencils in Iron Cross bumper, LED light bar, amber strobes in signal housings and LED projector replacement system.

Rear LEDs and mandatory stickers.
Where did you get the led's for the fogs in the Iron Cross? My EX came with IC front bumper but no led's, and no way I am paying for the IC ones.

-Art

Old 04-29-2015 | 01:14 AM
wallz
Postmaster
Originally Posted by v10hawkeye
So you just pinpointed one of my ONLY fears with that, along with being stolen. I just can't seem to fathom any other location for a 50. Makes me almost wish I went with 2 smaller ones. That said, I love that 50, crazy bright.

Find a locking thule bar that mounts above the doors and you should be able to clamp it in place. If you are leaving it somewhere that you question it, a quick key and disconnect on the wiring and place into the truck.

I made a alum version and just screwed it into the pinch weld under the door seals, and pulled the 2 pcs tight before I screwed them together. (compressed the foam pad on the portion of mount on roof). Been 2 plus years and still all tight and no one has tampered with it.

I have pics of the set up in post 3 in this thread.

Old 04-29-2015 | 01:27 AM
v10hawkeye
5th Wheeling
I really appreciate the advice, but I work overnight at the University of Iowa hospital and their parking ramps are right at.....7ft iirc. My antenna scraps on the beams lol. So as much as I would love to mount it up good, high and secure, I'm forced to push it down over the windshield a little. (Double row btw) your single row really looks sleak and tight and I'm a little jealous lol. I think ive resigned to just having to find a machine shop around here. I am a big fan of like a disconnect though....one that's solid but secure, and an electrical one to match, good idea. I get a lot of downtime here and I have some drafting experience, I might look into designing something based off all the fantastic input yall have offered.

Quick Reply: LED lights bars