6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

F250 Mud Flaps

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2013 | 07:29 PM
crazyduck
|
Freshman User
F250 Mud Flaps

I've got a 2012 F250 with Toyo 35x12.5x20 tires and the tires hang about a half n inch and looking for a little protection from rocks. I ordered the weathertech and really like the way they look but my tire rubs on them when they are turned all the way in. I'm also running 2.5" leveling kit in front. I've heard some say that the ford OEM ones might work. Does anybody know of any ones that might work and not rub? Duraflap has some but really didn't want to drill in my truck and was wanting more of the contoured look.

Any pics and ideas?

Thank u....

Old 10-17-2013 | 07:39 PM
kper05
Lead Driver
Club FTE Silver Member
I have the duraflaps and they are pre-drill. A drill did not touch my 2011 truck.

I don't have any better pictures in my FTE album but this was 20,000 miles ago when I got the Nittos.

Old 10-17-2013 | 08:00 PM
tom18287
Senior User
i bought the ford oem ones for 46 bucks shipped. they keep my truck SO much cleaner. they match the truck perfectly, and it used existing bolt holes.

Old 10-17-2013 | 08:10 PM
gascan
Laughing Gas
Old 10-17-2013 | 09:27 PM
crazyduck
|
Freshman User
Originally Posted by tom18287
i bought the ford oem ones for 46 bucks shipped. they keep my truck SO much cleaner. they match the truck perfectly, and it used existing bolt holes.
Will these work even with 12.5" tires and a positive offset wheel?

Old 10-17-2013 | 09:29 PM
majkthreads
Elder User
On my 35" the ford flaps rubbed. I had to end up going with fender flares. The rubbing just started really getting on my nerves.

Old 10-17-2013 | 09:33 PM
Tofan
Fleet Mechanic
The Weather Tech ones he ordered are also No Drill, measured with a laser for a precise fit. Sorry yours don't work for your setup, I love mine!

Old 10-17-2013 | 09:58 PM
crazyduck
|
Freshman User
I really do like the Weathertech and am wondering if i can just take a dremmel and trim a little from the inside to make it work. It's only when i turn the wheels all the way in do they rub some.

The Toyo Tires i have really don't throw rocks and actually the stock Michelin tires threw a whole lot more. i guess i would just like to have a little extra protection. I looked at the Bushwacker pocket flares and i know it gives 2" of protection but my tires only come out no more than 1/2 inch so don't know if it would look as good as it does now.

Old 10-18-2013 | 02:20 AM
Tofan
Fleet Mechanic
I bet that would be your best bet. Also I would recommend doing it to the outside only because of how they are measured using a laser. Have a buddy in your truck turning your wheel all the way and you mark with a marker where it's rubbing and take a little off at a time. Let me know how it turns out!

Old 10-24-2013 | 07:19 PM
judithgap
Senior User
Originally Posted by crazyduck
I've got a 2012 F250 with Toyo 35x12.5x20 tires and the tires hang about a half n inch and looking for a little protection from rocks. I ordered the weathertech and really like the way they look but my tire rubs on them when they are turned all the way in. I'm also running 2.5" leveling kit in front. I've heard some say that the ford OEM ones might work. Does anybody know of any ones that might work and not rub? Duraflap has some but really didn't want to drill in my truck and was wanting more of the contoured look.

Any pics and ideas?

Thank u....
Crazyduck
I have 37x12.5x20's on my truck with a 6 inch lift and would also like some type of mud flap to keep the tire from slinging water and grime down the sides of the truck. Are the weather techs wide enough for your tires?
Thanks,

Old 10-25-2013 | 05:15 AM
golfmedik
Lead Driver
If you order the Ford ones, take a minute to look at them and test fit prior to just installing. Some of them we believe(dealer and I) are in the wrong packaging. You can see from the pics below, these are made for an F450 or the ones with the wide wheel lip molding, but came packaged as the F350s. Another set is on the way from the dealer so we'll see how they compare once they get here.

Old 11-04-2013 | 11:19 AM
crazyduck
|
Freshman User
After installing the Weathertech on front and rear, i ended up using my dremmel tool to trim some of the front flaps so they wouldn't rub when the tires are turned all the way in. After trimming, i really didn't like the way they looked so wanted to look at other options. I called Husky and got the measurements on their front mud guards and noticed they are designed differently. I was even able to talk to their engineer and they were a big help on sending pictures, etc. Bottom line, my 2012 F250 with 35x12.5x20's and 2.5 leveling kit and wheels with +18 offset will work with the Husky mud guards and not need any trimming. I was sooo releived and looks soo much better. Don't get me wrong, they are both great products but the Husky ones are the only ones that would work for me. Plus, i know people don't like to drill holes in a new truck but their mud guards mount up a lot tighter than the Weathertech and they don't move at all when properly installed.

Just my $.02

Old 11-04-2013 | 11:32 AM
tolliewolly
Laughing Gas
I did the ford ones as well. They keep the truck so much cleaner and no more rock marks on the lower part of the doors.

Old 11-04-2013 | 01:07 PM
ScottyDog
Elder User
Originally Posted by golfmedik
If you order the Ford ones, take a minute to look at them and test fit prior to just installing. Some of them we believe(dealer and I) are in the wrong packaging. You can see from the pics below, these are made for an F450 or the ones with the wide wheel lip molding, but came packaged as the F350s. Another set is on the way from the dealer so we'll see how they compare once they get here.
Bummer Monty, I hate that when that happens!

Old 11-04-2013 | 01:48 PM
720Deere
Postmaster
Those flaps are marked wo/wlm...without wheel moulding. They are actually the flap that fits the two tone trucks with factory fender flare or "wheel moulding". My brother has the wheel moulding and mudflaps on his truck. They fit quite nice. I have the Husky flaps on mine without wheel mouldings. The Husky barely covers my 295 tires on factory wheels.

By the way, if you think any front mudflap is going to offer you much protection on a lifted truck, you will be disappointed. At stock height the debris still hit my driver's door about halfway back. With a 2" leveling kit, the splatter line only moved closer to the front of the door. I can imagine that with taller tires and a 6" lift, it would almost be as if you had nothing there at all.

Quick Reply: F250 Mud Flaps