1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines

The Ultimate Super Duty Picture Thread.

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 08:49 AM
sconap1
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cool video.

All the Ford trucks I've been around have tough, solid and dependable.

Old 08-22-2013, 09:13 AM
xmontex4
Logistics Pro
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Just wanted to give this thread a bump.

I feel like im jsut about done with my truck (the exterior lol) I may add some flares, get some old faded plastic parts painted and powder coat the bull bar black minus the skid plate but that's it. I added a 3-ish" lift, recon xtreme taillight bar, some lights behind the grille, Harley style lights, AMP research steps and powerfold/extending 08 mirrors with smoked lenses.

Before lights

After

Right after lift

Quick question the recon bar isn't working already...does anyone have any idea if hooking up the 12v hot wire to the customer access wire allow it to still work. When ever it stops working i disconnect it from the battery and reconnect it and it works fine for a few weeks. I figured it will be hot when the truck is on and i want it and not when its off so it wont randomly illuminate etc.

Old 08-22-2013, 09:38 AM
drey04
Posting Guru
xmontex4, your truck looks awesome, nice work! those 08 mirrors are pretty slick

as for the recon taillight bar... is it a LED bar that mounts under the tailgate? I spliced mine into the back of the 7-pin trailer plug.

Old 08-22-2013, 10:18 AM
xmontex4
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by drey04
xmontex4, your truck looks awesome, nice work! those 08 mirrors are pretty slick

as for the recon taillight bar... is it a LED bar that mounts under the tailgate? I spliced mine into the back of the 7-pin trailer plug.
Thanks man I appreciate it!

It is an LED bar buts its different it has the usual 4 wires and a reverse wire but then it also has a wire that is required to be connected to a constant 12v source. The issues usually go away if i disconnect it then reconnect it to the battery which makes me think that hooking it up to a hot while the key is on wire is ok because its like connecting and disconnecting it from the battery. Once it had a couple orange leds stuck on and now it just doesn't illuminate at all I'm gonna to the battery trick again tonight. It looks and functions awesome when it decides to work right. I read about these issues but everyone just gets rid of it, i want to fix it of course becasue i cant return it anymore.

Old 08-22-2013, 10:33 AM
drey04
Posting Guru
I have this...

I think it has 4 wires and a reverse wire (don't remember exactly). I just spliced mine into the appropriate wires on the back of the 7-pin plug and ran the reverse wire to the driver side tail light. When the key is on, it has power.... key off, no power. No issues.

Old 08-22-2013, 10:42 AM
sconap1
Junior User
nice looking truck, xmontex4. Looks nice in the air.

Old 08-22-2013, 11:34 AM
xmontex4
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by sconap1
nice looking truck, xmontex4. Looks nice in the air.
Thanks, i wasn't sure how id like it lifted but i love it...except my 5'2" girlfriend she hates it lol the beds above her head now, its up to my shoulder and i'm 6'5".

I have this...

I think it has 4 wires and a reverse wire (don't remember exactly). I just spliced mine into the appropriate wires on the back of the 7-pin plug and ran the reverse wire to the driver side tail light. When the key is on, it has power.... key off, no power. No issues.
Really? that's cool, what does it look like installed? The main reason i went with the bars was because i liked the scrolling amber turn signal but if i cant get it to work maybe ill switch to that.

Old 08-22-2013, 11:44 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 8,771 Likes on 2,546 Posts
xmontex4...truck looks fantastic. I have a few Recon products on my ride as well. I have had a couple of issues with them as well. All were resolved when I called them directly and talked to them about them. I'd encourage you to call them and talk it over. Well done on the truck!

Old 08-22-2013, 11:49 AM
xmontex4
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by SavageNFS
xmontex4...truck looks fantastic. I have a few Recon products on my ride as well. I have had a couple of issues with them as well. All were resolved when I called them directly and talked to them about them. I'd encourage you to call them and talk it over. Well done on the truck!
Thanks!, i love all my products from Recon i actually just did some digging with a more detailed search and i can hook the +12v up to a hot when engine is running wire and it should run just fine the lights just wont light up unless the engine is running which is no biggie. I have never had an issue with their stuff other than my tail lights which leaked but i got a new pair withing a few days of talking to them, if switching the wire location doesnt work i will definitley give them a call thanks!

Old 08-22-2013, 11:52 AM
drey04
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by xmontex4
Really? that's cool, what does it look like installed? The main reason i went with the bars was because i liked the scrolling amber turn signal but if i cant get it to work maybe ill switch to that.
I'll try to get a pic later today... it's kinda hidden and tough to see during the day (which I actually kinda like), but it looks pretty sweet at night. It's a Recon unit, I think it was about 50-60 bucks when I bought it about 2-3 years ago. It was a little tricky to install just because of limited room to work... I did have to drill holes so I could bolt it up, and for the wires to pass through that are attached to the back of it... that way it's nice and flush against the truck so the tailgate doesn't hit it when it comes down.

Old 08-22-2013, 12:03 PM
xmontex4
Logistics Pro
I'll try to get a pic later today... it's kinda hidden and tough to see during the day (which I actually kinda like), but it looks pretty sweet at night. It's a Recon unit, I think it was about 50-60 bucks when I bought it about 2-3 years ago. It was a little tricky to install just because of limited room to work... I did have to drill holes so I could bolt it up, and for the wires to pass through that are attached to the back of it... that way it's nice and flush against the truck so the tailgate doesn't hit it when it comes down.
Normally I'm against drilling holes because of rust but since using POR15 i love that **** and i would also just silicone the back of the screws so salt doesn't get in. sounds good though man thanks I might get them for my 95...now that I'm almost "done" with my 04 im starting to look into doing a crew cab swap on my little guy lol.

Old 08-22-2013, 12:07 PM
sledjunk
Junior User
Just wanted to give this thread a bump.

... and powder coat the bull bar black
I would recommend getting the bar LineX'ed instead of the powder coating. I did that to the bull bar on my old truck and after six years, it still looks like new. It is much more durable than the powder coating.

Truck looks great!

Old 08-22-2013, 12:14 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 8,771 Likes on 2,546 Posts
Silicone will eventually let water in. Use touch up paint or a clear finish applied with a small brush. I never get rust with that...I have with silicone.

Old 08-22-2013, 01:10 PM
sconap1
Junior User
Thanks, i wasn't sure how id like it lifted but i love it...except my 5'2" girlfriend she hates it lol the beds above her head now, its up to my shoulder and i'm 6'5".
Almost the same boat, man. I'm 6'4" and my wife is 5'2". She can't make it up without the step and a double grip on the grab bar!

Mostly she gripes about the ride...but then again, she's had several Tahoe's in a row...
so I just tell her she's spoiled and can't talk to me about the ride.

Old 08-22-2013, 01:14 PM
sconap1
Junior User
geez...got back towrong thread....sorry...deleted...

Quick Reply: The Ultimate Super Duty Picture Thread.