1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines

Will a DPF delete void powertrain waranty?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011 | 12:15 AM
maverick22
Elder User
Originally Posted by rollerstud98
Well, think about it this way then, back in the 50's, some people might have still been mad about not being able to just ride their horse everywhere anymore, so maybe you should go back to riding a horse! Those 50's cars all have what was once some new fangled technology that was no good for anything other then draining money out of peoples pockets!
Nah, horses need too much food and talk about messy emissions! JC just needs to walk. No need for those uppity wheels when feet work.

Old 08-10-2011 | 08:18 AM
krewat
Site Administrator
Club FTE Gold Member
Originally Posted by jc8825
Who really cares? A lot of things void warranties. I have modified cars in the past and by doing so I voided every warranty the thing came with. I have never had the need to have anything on a vehicle repaired or replaced under warranty.
While this may be the most irresponsible thing to have been said in this thread, it does bring up an interesting question.

Who would willingly forget about the warranty if they could pay let's say $15,000 less on a $40,000 truck? Or some other pre-arranged discount if you could never ever warranty anything on the vehicle?

Old 08-10-2011 | 08:51 AM
hotroddsl
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by GUNNERDOG
Your next vehicle:

Art I'm thinking he may have warranty issues with the fender mounted light! I think this models just too new!!!
Jim...& fat Monty

Old 08-10-2011 | 09:12 AM
bpounds
Hotshot
Originally Posted by alexmartin33
Either way they told me that the DPF was not covered under warranty. They were also arguing that my intake "may" have cause this issue, which is BS. I didn't even add the intake it was already on the truck.
Yes, miles. Your DPF is covered under the emissions warranty in the US. It may be different in AU, and I didn't notice your location.

But yes, an intake will usually void your warranty. Should have read your owners manual. So your original question is moot, since you have already voided your warranty. Good luck with the delete and the tuner to support it.

Old 08-10-2011 | 02:10 PM
mwsF250
Postmaster
Originally Posted by hotroddsl
Art I'm thinking he may have warranty issues with the fender mounted light! I think this models just too new!!!
Jim...& fat Monty
Suspension forks? Pneumatic tires? Coaster brakes? Just more overhyped technology that will rust and get flats.

Wooden wheels with iron "tires" are far more reliable. 500000 conestoga wagons proved that's all you need....

Old 08-10-2011 | 02:21 PM
mwsF250
Postmaster
Originally Posted by jc8825
I would be for it. I drove a friend's car one time, a 1953 Chevrolet sedan, and he warned about the absence of power brakes or steering, manual column shift, etc., and I had no problems with it, in fact, I loved it. If I could get a hold of an old 50s car, it would be my daily driver.
I encourage you to do so. In fact, I think ALL car owners should have to own and maintain a pre-80's car for at least a couple years before buying modern. I cut my teeth on a '65 Ford Fairlane. Drove it from 140K miles to over 300K. Tune ups at least every 10K, brakes every 20K (just to keep them even marginally effective), suspension bushings and ball joints every 30K, carb rebuilds every couple years, engine rebuilds every 100K.... I doubt there was a month went by when I wasn't having to rebuild or replace something. It taught me a LOT (as I was starving college student and had to do it all myself), but it all makes you REALLY appreciative of the reliability, function, and longevity of modern technology.

Old 08-10-2011 | 05:25 PM
Ian123
Posting Guru
Nearly all new technology in vehicles today is a good thing IMO, with the exception of emissions equipment. Emissions controls are what screwed us all. This is why I hate tree huggers and every time I run into an 'environmentalist' I give them a piece of my mind.

Old 08-10-2011 | 05:32 PM
donovan
Laughing Gas
Same Here

Originally Posted by Ian123
Nearly all new technology in vehicles today is a good thing IMO, with the exception of emissions equipment. Emissions controls are what screwed us all. This is why I hate tree huggers and every time I run into an 'environmentalist' I give them a piece of my mind.
Trucks/Cars have taken to less mpg more break downs and yet it a good thing????

Now on to the post

Replace your intake with the factor one and go to another dealer. I don't know where you leave but many place have smog checks and you don't want that trouble.

Old 08-10-2011 | 05:38 PM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)
Club FTE Silver Member
CAI DOES NOT VOID YOUR WARRANTY. If the Dealership tries that route, they have to unequivocally prove that it caused the damage.

Even then, they can only void the warranty on that specific component. So in the case of a CAI, only the Engine could be voided. The rest of the power train would still be covered.

Or say a leveling kit, they can only void the ball joints and control arms. Nothing else.

Magnuson-Moss Act. Don't let the Dealership play this game. If you haven't modified the truck and your DPF keeps failing, call Ford Corporate and file a complaint. Also, call the BBB and lodge a complaint against the Dealership. Be a nuisance and you'll get results. Forking over $700 for a Delete kit is something you should not have to do.
Originally Posted by Krewat
Who would willingly forget about the warranty if they could pay let's say $15,000 less on a $40,000 truck? Or some other pre-arranged discount if you could never ever warranty anything on the vehicle?
Yep. Voided the warranty 80-90% on my Mustang within a few months. I would gladly give up the warranty to save thousands of $$$$.

Old 08-10-2011 | 05:56 PM
bpounds
Hotshot
Originally Posted by tylus
CAI DOES NOT VOID YOUR WARRANTY. If the Dealership tries that route, they have to unequivocally prove that it caused the damage.

Even then, they can only void the warranty on that specific component. So in the case of a CAI, only the Engine could be voided. The rest of the power train would still be covered.

Or say a leveling kit, they can only void the ball joints and control arms. Nothing else.

Magnuson-Moss Act. Don't let the Dealership play this game. If you haven't modified the truck and your DPF keeps failing, call Ford Corporate and file a complaint. Also, call the BBB and lodge a complaint against the Dealership. Be a nuisance and you'll get results. Forking over $700 for a Delete kit is something you should not have to do.
There is so much wrong with this post that I won't even try to cover it all. Suffice to say, that neither the US MM act, nor the BBB, is going to help an owner in AUSTRAILIA.

Old 08-10-2011 | 07:02 PM
krewat
Site Administrator
Club FTE Gold Member
Originally Posted by mwsF250
I cut my teeth on a '65 Ford Fairlane.
Me too... My mother's 65 Fairlane 500 station wagon with a 2bbl 289.

It blew an old sender. I replaced it. At around 15 years of age. First car I worked on alone. Did a water pump in that thing too, about a month or two later. Regulator, alternator (new fangled thing for '65), horn retaining ring, a few other little things, even brakes.

Loved that car - wish I still had it.

Old 08-10-2011 | 08:56 PM
dkf
Hotshot

The mag moss act covers direct aftermarket replacement OE design parts only. A CAI deviates from Fords design and is not meant as a direct replacement part. Thus FMCO has valid points to not cover the repair and possibly void the warrenty. Good luck fighting it. As Bpounds said the mag moss act don't hold water in Aus.

There is so much wrong with this post that I won't even try to cover it all. Suffice to say, that neither the US MM act, nor the BBB, is going to help an owner in AUSTRAILIA.
This^^^

Old 08-10-2011 | 10:25 PM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)
Club FTE Silver Member
Wasn't aware he was in AU

Was going to dispute the Warranty stuff, but isn't worth it. Have fun being scared of it

@Alex, hope the DPF delete helps out. Will you see any performance gains from it?